PDA

View Full Version : Para Kit

Vermin
April 30, 2009, 21:28
I ordered a type II reciever 6 weeks ago. My Dealer called and was informed it would be 6 to 8 weeks more !!!!! I know Bob at Gold and Diamond Exchange is frustrated, but not as much as I am !!!!! Im thinking of cancelling the reciever and buying the century c1A1 He has.
Is there any way DSA can speed up the delivery dates????

Vermin
April 30, 2009, 21:34
I am thinking of buying the para kit, to convert My stg to a para. How far is this item back ordered????

DSARep
May 01, 2009, 07:52
I have a request in for an update on various items wait times. I will post that info when I have it.

Thanks!

John

6ppc
May 01, 2009, 08:06
Vermin, Wait for DSA to ship what you need. Buying Century is a crap shot.

onebigelf
May 01, 2009, 14:26
My Imbel on a Century receiver.

http://i294.photobucket.com/albums/mm96/onebigelf/S1051818.jpg

I had zero problems with my build and it's a sweet shooter. Just because I got something built by a Century monkey having a very good day doesn't mean it'll ever happen again. An awful lot of people have gotten hosed up crap, which is why Century has the reputation they have. Every time they start doing something right and people think maybe they've gotten their act together we start getting stories of more new rifles that just flat don't work. If it isn't reliable, the day you need it will get you killed. I love my FAL. I built it and tweaked it and tested the heck out of it and I'm willing to rely on it, but get a DSA. They've had some reports of problems lately, too, but they've never been accused of being ham-fisted monkeys with dremel tools (that I'm aware of). A rifle that doesn't work reliably is unspeakable. That C1A1 might be cheap, but can you afford to throw it's cost away and replace it if it turns out to be a turd?

If I've got nothing else I've got opinions! They aren't taxing those yet.

John

Jeff T
May 02, 2009, 18:39
I placed an order for a para kit back in November after the election and I got the kit a few weeks ago. They are filling orders but it does take time. By the way, the kit is very high quality and the fit and finish are first rate. All I need is some time to build it and see how she runs. It was worth the wait.