PDA

View Full Version : I want a select fire 5.45 Krinkov- what do I do?

moshaholic2
April 24, 2009, 10:48
If vector built uzi's, I assume a real krinkov can be built from a parts kit on a US reciever. Is this correct?

I absolutely dont know squat about the process of doing this. So, walk me through it guys.

Form 1 or 4? only specific builders can build class 3 things right?

thanks for the help.

gunplumber
April 24, 2009, 10:59
No - the uzi receivers they had bought were registered prior to 1986 by Group Industries as machineguns. They were tied up in court for some reason for a many years. So vector didn't make "new" machineguns, they completed some "old" machineguns.

The only way to get a transferrable full auto krink would be to rebuild on a pre-1986 registered receiver (which will run $14 k) or to be a Gov or LE agency (not individual officer) in which case you can by a facotry bulgarian '74 for $485, or become a firearms manufacturer with a Special occupation tax stamp ($500/year) and build one yourself for demo, or buy one with a law enforcement demo request letter.

olgier
April 24, 2009, 11:00
actually, you'll have to buy a class 3 ak thats either already krinked or have a krink front end put on it after you buy it.

unless your a manufacturer, you can't build yourself a new machinegun.

you can build a krink sbr in semi auto on a form 4, but not a select fire.

moshaholic2
April 24, 2009, 11:11
thanks guys.

:( I guess SBR is the only way to go to have one. Oh well, SBR's just dont really do it for me.

AlaskanMBR
April 24, 2009, 12:13
If you get a class 3 license you can build one, it just won't be transferable.

olgier
April 24, 2009, 12:44
Originally posted by AlaskanMBR

but if you let you license lapse, you forfeit your machinegun(s) correct?

otherwise everyone would apply for the class three, build thier MG's and then not renew. :rofl:

matchmakertrading.com
April 24, 2009, 13:27
And to build one you have to have a demo request from a govn't or leo agency...

Originally posted by AlaskanMBR

gunplumber
April 24, 2009, 13:32
While it is commonly called a "class three" license, that is erroneous.. A "Type III FFL" is an NFA dealer FFL It allows one to buy and sell machineguns (tax exempt transfers to other dealers). It allows one to buy a post-86 dealer sample with a demo request letter from a Gov/LE agency. It noes NOT allow ohne to make a machinegun. For that you need a type 7 FFL (title 1 manufacturere) with the additional SOT stamp for title II (machineguns) manufacturer.

Dealer samples registered prior to May 1986 can be retained when the license is surrendered, which is why pre-may dealer samples carry almost the same price as fully transferrable.

And yes, you can buy a transferrable 7.62x39, and then rebuild it as a 5.45, or a krink. Just send a letter to ATF annotating barrel length and caliber. No different than changing uppers on an M16. The receiver is the registered part.

the gman
April 24, 2009, 17:51
Originally posted by matchmakertrading.com
And to build one you have to have a demo request from a govn't or leo agency...

No. You can make as many post sample machine guns as you wish if, as Mark posted above, you have the required 07 FFL & SOT. You just have to register them with the NFA branch before the close of the next business day.

From the NFA handbook:

7.5.1 Manufacture of machine guns for sale to government agencies or as “sales samples”.

Notwithstanding the prohibition in Section 922(o), qualified manufacturers may manufacture
machine guns on or after May 19, 1986 for sale to Federal and State agencies or to FFLs/SOTs as “sales
samples” for demonstration to prospective governmental customers.126 The weapons may be
manufactured and stockpiled in contemplation of future sales, but their registration and subsequent
transfer are conditioned upon and restricted to sales only to government agencies or as sales samples.
See Chapter 9 for a discussion of the required documentation supporting these sales. See also Section
7.6.1 on the manufacture of machine guns by contractors of FFLs/SOTs.

flight 556
April 24, 2009, 22:15
Move to Somalia. Go to Bakara market. Buy Krink for $75. Have fun.

yarro
April 25, 2009, 23:47
Group Industries was killed by the 1986 firearms protection act. They had a deal with Scattergun Technologies who was financing the project to build the MGs which when south shortly thereafter. That turned into a lawsuit and a Chapter 7 filling for Group Industriesin 1995. Vector bought the receivers at the Chapter 7 auction all 3427 transferables plus some additional dealer samples and possibly the stamping/forming dies for the receiver. Then they found that no could make parts as everyone had shutdown their production lines and destroyed or sold off the tooling and were hording the remaining spares for their customers. In 1997 it was discovered that 5000 brand new South African guns made by Lyttleton were in storage in Petoria. It took until 1998 for the deal to be worked out, which required that the guns go to Switzerland for demil as the South African government would no allow it done in South Africa for unknow reasons. It then transpired that 7 parts were welded to the receiver and they need to get them from somewhere, but no one had them. So they then had to set up production for those parts. No one knew how to actually build the gun so the former president of Group Industries was brought in to help with the production jigs and to provide instruction on how to build the receivers. The Vector UZIs are the only UZI receivers that are case hardened and do not suffer from the bolt wearing grooves in the bottom of the reciever. The ejector is tool steel and very hard. It is riveted into the receiver after the carburizing of the receiver.

-yarro

Bearwhositshere
May 23, 2009, 17:15
Originally posted by the gman

No. You can make as many post sample machine guns as you wish if, as Mark posted above, you have the required 07 FFL & SOT. You just have to register them with the NFA branch before the close of the next business day.

From the NFA handbook:

7.5.1 Manufacture of machine guns for sale to government agencies or as “sales samples”.

Notwithstanding the prohibition in Section 922(o), qualified manufacturers may manufacture
machine guns on or after May 19, 1986 for sale to Federal and State agencies or to FFLs/SOTs as “sales
samples” for demonstration to prospective governmental customers.126 The weapons may be
manufactured and stockpiled in contemplation of future sales, but their registration and subsequent
transfer are conditioned upon and restricted to sales only to government agencies or as sales samples.
See Chapter 9 for a discussion of the required documentation supporting these sales. See also Section
7.6.1 on the manufacture of machine guns by contractors of FFLs/SOTs.

Are you sure about the "register them with the NFA branch before the close of the next business day"? I have been told you have 30 days to register after the gun is completed.

USMC 0341
May 24, 2009, 09:27
JFYI -

Just in case you (or anybody else for that matter) are thinking of going to the extreme to acquire a transferable, full-auto AK to convert into a "Krinkov" be aware that on a number of those that are out there the front trunion was registered rather than the stamped receiver. I believe this was done because the trunion would probably see less wear over time than the receiver would.

As I understand it there are some differences between the 7.62X39 and the 5.45X39 front trunions. I know that people have got the 7.62 trunions to run on 5.45 just fine but you should be sure that you are getting the registered part that works with your plan.

the gman
May 29, 2009, 22:23
Originally posted by Bearwhositshere

Are you sure about the "register them with the NFA branch before the close of the next business day"? I have been told you have 30 days to register after the gun is completed.

Suggest you download the NFA handbook from the ATF website & read it, you will then discover this in Chapter 7:

7.3.2 Filing ATF Forms 2. All firearms manufactured during a single day must be included on one Form 2 and must be filed by the manufacturer no later than the close of the next business day. The manufacturer must prepare the form in duplicate, file the original with the NFA Branch, and keep the copy with the records required to be kept.

My italics to illustrate the point. Know the law, abide by it & stay out of trouble & possibly jail. :cry: