PDA

View Full Version : Enfield charger bridge

StoneyCreekMrMauser
April 23, 2009, 19:21
Anybody got a real slick way to put one of these on a rifle? The one on my No. 1 Mk.III* Jungle Wannabe was pretty well toast, so I drilled out the rivet heads and pulled it. Numrich has replacement bridges but no rivets. 5/32" was what I measured. Barring that, would tapping the holes (tedious, I know) and using screws be a viable option?

TIA.

StoneyCreekMrMauser
May 18, 2009, 22:05
I guess not. Did I offend the gods or something?:uhoh:

Ron Walker
May 19, 2009, 12:32
Couldn't you make your own from malleable iron or soft steel? That's what I did when I needed rivets for the replacement US gas pistons for AKs. A vist to a metal supply company might help. Ron

StoneyCreekMrMauser
May 19, 2009, 16:58
Interesting. As it happens, Lowe's has some wire stock as does Tractor Supply. I could see mashing that out as opposed to bouncing around these hills looking for some rivets of the proper dimension.

Worked for the roll pin I used to hold my AK's mag catch in place, no reason it wouldn't work for round stock. Thanks for the idea (a different point of view is always good!).

shortround
May 19, 2009, 17:23
Ak rivets are right about .152" or so. should be close to what you need. 5/32 is .156". By the time you smash 'em tight, they'll expand.