PDA

View Full Version : USFA 45

badt00d
April 20, 2009, 18:29
I was looking at the USFA single actions the other day, colt 45 chambering. Looks impresive to me. Anybody have any experience with any of their revolvers?

pjpjr
April 20, 2009, 19:18
Originally posted by badt00d
I was looking at the USFA single actions the other day, colt 45 chambering. Looks impresive to me. Anybody have any experience with any of their revolvers?

These are probably the best bargain in single action revolvers. Best quality and 100% American made. Get one while you can......the economy may force this company out of business soon.

bykerhd
April 20, 2009, 20:35
Are you sure about the "100% American made" pjpjr ?
I thought that they were getting unfinished parts from Uberti and then fitting and finishing them here.
Could be wrong.

redbank
April 20, 2009, 21:13
Nope! curent production is 100% US made under the original Blue Dome in Hartford!

Damn fine pistolas

badt00d
April 20, 2009, 21:21
I've also heard that everything comes from the "Blue Dome", and made here. I may hafta turn in the pennies a little sooner than I had planned. If I get one, ya'll are invited over ta shoot it!:) :fal:

pjpjr
April 20, 2009, 21:46
Originally posted by bykerhd
Are you sure about the "100% American made" pjpjr ?
I thought that they were getting unfinished parts from Uberti and then fitting and finishing them here.
Could be wrong.

I know at one time they were 100% American made, I guess not sure now. I own three of these fine revolvers and all are early mfg guns and they are absolutely beautiful!

badt00d
April 20, 2009, 22:55
The ones in the store here are all matt blue (black?) finished. I'm figuring that the case hardened ones are more money. Is that correct?

SmokeEater2
April 20, 2009, 22:59
The current ones are all American. When the company first started they bought parts from Uberti and assembled/finished them. Like someone else said,they are the best bargain out there.
I dearly love my Colt's but they don't have a thing on USFA as far as quality,fit and finish goes AND USFA will build ya one in .44 special too. My next SAA will be a USFA.

:biggrin:

USMC 0341
April 21, 2009, 08:17
I spent a good sum of money to custom order one of these pistols and am very happy with what I got.

The only down side is that soon after getting it I ordered a Cimarron Arms in the same configuration so I could have one I could shoot guilt free. The USFA is just too dang pretty to shoot so far.

Blue Monster
April 21, 2009, 09:52
USFA are way kewl and very well made.
AWA does a nice job cleaning up and tuning Italian SAA's too.

MAINER
April 21, 2009, 10:05
Quote;
"USFA will build ya one in .44 special too."

:biggrin:

badt00d
April 21, 2009, 10:16
Well, I'm saving more pennies, so it will only be a short time before I can get one, hopefully. They have these at the store in different configs, just gotta figure which one. I don't much care for the short barrels-sherifs model?- I was looking at one that had a 4 3/4" barrel, i believe. The ejector rod housing and barrel were the same length at the bussiness end. Yea, thats the one I want:biggrin: These are all matt blue/black, but that is probably the least expensive way to go, no big deal. Well, gotta go count them pennies.:) :fal:

redbank
April 21, 2009, 14:43
The matte model is the Rodeo. If you are in the market for a USFA check out this site:

http://www.longhunt.com/firearms/usfa.shtml

He sells them "as built" or with some custom work for cowboy action shooting.
His work is of very high quality! Got one of them myself. He stocks several of the models, matte and blue/cased.

badt00d
April 21, 2009, 15:37
Thanks for the heads up on that. I'll have to check him out.

trucksurfer
April 26, 2009, 10:53
I have not fired one of these, but they are on my short list of handguns.

Brian Pearce wrote an extensive article about USFA a month or two ago for HANDLOADER. They USA assembled from Italian parts and US barrels at first, but they are producing everything in hoouse now. Pearce, with their consent, claims to have done extensive testing of these revolvers. He claims to have gone to the point of .44 mag pressures in a .44 Special and nice hot 45 loads without failures so often atributed to Colts. He says his measurements show the cylinder wall at twice the nominal thickness of a Colt in .45 Colt. The company is coming out with a new frame specifically for magnum cartridges, taht I am chomping at the bit for.

Thanks for the lead on this retailer redbank, this guy has some great prices. Most FFLs take the USFA MSRP as a starting point and mark everthing up from there.

redbank
April 26, 2009, 14:34
this is posted for sale over on the SASSNET>COM cowboy forum thought you might be interested. It is the Rodeo model.

http://sassnet.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=124869

badt00d
April 26, 2009, 17:03
Dang. Dang dang. To bad it wasn't the 4.75" barrel. Damn good price if its clean.

patrick kelly
May 01, 2009, 00:50
I own a blued and case colored 4.75 inch USFA in .45 Colt. It's one of the finest handguns I own. As much as I love my nickled 7.5 inch Colt the USFA is superior in fit and finish.