PDA

View Full Version : Imhotep goes to shootin' (range report)

brownknees
April 20, 2009, 17:56
And ate the last of my '50RG ammo.:uhoh:
Got bored so I went to the R&G to do some shooting. Rain & 65 degrees, winds gusting & backing from 6 o'clock to 12 o'clock.

Short a bunch of B-34 G targets (200yd shilouettes reduced for 100yds)
Scored
92 1X
91 1X
94 3X
95 (no X) bleah!
I'm getting old I used to do better than that.

:uhoh:

W.E.G.
April 20, 2009, 17:57
WTF is an Imhotep?

dabullfrog
April 20, 2009, 18:03
Originally posted by W.E.G.
WTF is an Imhotep?

A mummy wrapped enfield. You did see "The Mummy" right?

brownknees
April 20, 2009, 18:08
Originally posted by W.E.G.
WTF is an Imhotep?
Yep, my unwrapped #4Mk2 Faz. Enfield.:shades:

STGThndr
April 20, 2009, 23:52
Well ive never heard of an Enfield named Imhotep until now... but Ive had a few and currently possess a #4MkII Faz that Ive had for awhile... twas a good "sleeper" type of buy, stock not pretty at all but dang the rifle is very accurate, esp for a milsurp. It came with a bunch of ammo including boxed Winchester Lend Lease stuff which is probably somewhat collectable. The thing impressed me so much I got reload dies and 5 rnd mags for it. It kills mulies and Im told by a Canuck of my acquaintance that they take out plenty bear up there. Obviously an AK, HK or some other sexy ammo-dumper would be better in a zombie raid, but I sure dont feel unarmed with that Faz.... lol when I got the rifle, I actually thought that "Fazakerly" was a small town in Pakistan or somewhere.. ya know, like Darra Adam Khel or something. I dont name my weapons but maybe in this case Ill call this Faz "Rachael".. for the sexy Jew chick in the Mummy movies.

brownknees
April 21, 2009, 11:08
I dont name my weapons but maybe in this case Ill call this Faz "Rachael".. for the sexy Jew chick in the Mummy movies.
I originally thought of naming it after the other "hot chixx" in the mummy movie, but "Anck Su Namun" is hard to pronounce.:rofl:
http://www.alicia-logic.com/capsimages/mr_088PatriciaVelasquez.jpg
Hubba, Hubba!

STGThndr
April 21, 2009, 14:01
Yeah Ahnk Su N Amum is hot, but the other gal has a better cut of hips and thighs... less likely to stab ya on a dark night, too... bwahahahaaaaa

brownknees
April 21, 2009, 14:05
Well there is that:uhoh:
Hey No gutz no glory:]

StoneyCreekMrMauser
April 22, 2009, 14:31
I wouldn't kick either one outta bed.:wink:

Hard part is gettin' 'em in there.:sad: