PDA

View Full Version : ATI stocks

StoneyCreekMrMauser
April 01, 2009, 14:53
How are these for the Enfield No. 1 Mk. III? I looked at one today for S&G and that sucker was heavy. I might be interested for a truck gun project but only if they're worth it. TIA.

StoneyCreekMrMauser
April 04, 2009, 19:48
They that bad?

Aldwin
April 06, 2009, 16:30
Do you mean the Synthetic Stock?

Last week i fitted the black Synthetic Monte Carlo Stock for Enfield No.4 rifles on a Enfield No. 4 Mk. 2, and i have to say i like it a lot. And it's cheap.

It's much lighter than the No. 5 wood version that i bought before and a lot lighter than the standard stock.

I think that the No.1 is the same in weight as mine.

Mine was originally for a No. 4 Mk. 1 but with very little work it fitted perfectly on the Mk. 2.

The total front part is secured with 1 screw in front of the magazine. Maybe some locktite there, i don't know yet.

Now it feels like a hunting rifle, with the built-in pistol grip. For me, i not tall and have small hands, the grip is much better.
Fitted a Harris bipod on it, and now i'm still looking for a scope mount.

Only thing i don't like is the hard butt stock shoulder pad, i will change that for a rubber one.

StoneyCreekMrMauser
April 13, 2009, 21:25
Yep, those are the ones. The forestock that came on my Jungle Carbine copy was not well-fitted and I'd like to replace it. I switched it out with another Enfield forestock which wasn't much better. The rifle is in need of a good scouring with a Scotch-Brite to get rid of the rust and multiple finishes on it. I figure the ATI stock might dress it up a little and a good coating on the metal may help to keep it from rusting.

Now I just have to figure out how to get that chopped charger bridge off and replaced with a new one. I feel an extensive Dremel session is in order.:eek:

jbk1221
April 14, 2009, 12:08
I have one for the N01 mk4 and put one on my ishy. They both fit well and have worked out well.

Clark
April 16, 2009, 11:19
The layed up stocks, that are lighter, stiffer, and epoxy bedding will stick to, are better than the injection moulded stocks.

The injection moulded stocks are $50 - $100.

The epoxy bases stocks are $200 - $500

Aldwin
April 19, 2009, 10:05
I fired the Enfield today for the first time since i fitted the ATI stock.

It's great, very light-weight. The grip is fantastic.
Also very accurate, 20 rounds in the 9 and 10 in about 4 by 4 cm's, free hand/no bipod.
The plastic butt stock end plate is horrible though, that has to go.
The pyramids are to sharp, a custom rubber one would be better.

All the screws stayed in place as well, no need to tighten them after firing so i won't put lock-tite in the screw holes.

I also didn't like the Harris bipod on it, it's to light and to low.
And it bounces around on it because the gun is so lightweight. I think i will fit a Versa Pod on it.

StoneyCreekMrMauser
April 22, 2009, 14:38
Sounds good. How's it look? I'm hoping mine looks considerably better with the black synthetic. The only other option I could find was a replacment forend from Numrich that was made for a No.1 Mk.III sporter. My concern there was how the two woods were going to look when on the rifle together. The buttstock on mine has a red and yellow look to it (almost could mistake it for laminate!) and I'd hate to get a handguard that looks "off." Rifle will go boom regardless but it might as well look good while doing so.

Good sling swivels would be nice too.

StoneyCreekMrMauser
April 23, 2009, 19:23
Hmm... Well, the old stock came off rather easily. No rust in the socket. Figured it would take more than that.

Now, where to go from here...