View Full Version : ATI stocks

April 01, 2009, 14:53
How are these for the Enfield No. 1 Mk. III? I looked at one today for S&G and that sucker was heavy. I might be interested for a truck gun project but only if they're worth it. TIA.

April 04, 2009, 19:48
They that bad?

April 06, 2009, 16:30
Do you mean the Synthetic Stock?

Last week i fitted the black Synthetic Monte Carlo Stock for Enfield No.4 rifles on a Enfield No. 4 Mk. 2, and i have to say i like it a lot. And it's cheap.

It's much lighter than the No. 5 wood version that i bought before and a lot lighter than the standard stock.

I think that the No.1 is the same in weight as mine.

Mine was originally for a No. 4 Mk. 1 but with very little work it fitted perfectly on the Mk. 2.

The total front part is secured with 1 screw in front of the magazine. Maybe some locktite there, i don't know yet.

Now it feels like a hunting rifle, with the built-in pistol grip. For me, i not tall and have small hands, the grip is much better.
Fitted a Harris bipod on it, and now i'm still looking for a scope mount.

Only thing i don't like is the hard butt stock shoulder pad, i will change that for a rubber one.

April 13, 2009, 21:25
Yep, those are the ones. The forestock that came on my Jungle Carbine copy was not well-fitted and I'd like to replace it. I switched it out with another Enfield forestock which wasn't much better. The rifle is in need of a good scouring with a Scotch-Brite to get rid of the rust and multiple finishes on it. I figure the ATI stock might dress it up a little and a good coating on the metal may help to keep it from rusting.

Now I just have to figure out how to get that chopped charger bridge off and replaced with a new one. I feel an extensive Dremel session is in order.:eek:

April 14, 2009, 12:08
I have one for the N01 mk4 and put one on my ishy. They both fit well and have worked out well.

April 16, 2009, 11:19
The layed up stocks, that are lighter, stiffer, and epoxy bedding will stick to, are better than the injection moulded stocks.

The injection moulded stocks are $50 - $100.

The epoxy bases stocks are $200 - $500

April 19, 2009, 10:05
I fired the Enfield today for the first time since i fitted the ATI stock.

It's great, very light-weight. The grip is fantastic.
Also very accurate, 20 rounds in the 9 and 10 in about 4 by 4 cm's, free hand/no bipod.
The plastic butt stock end plate is horrible though, that has to go.
The pyramids are to sharp, a custom rubber one would be better.

All the screws stayed in place as well, no need to tighten them after firing so i won't put lock-tite in the screw holes.

I also didn't like the Harris bipod on it, it's to light and to low.
And it bounces around on it because the gun is so lightweight. I think i will fit a Versa Pod on it.

April 22, 2009, 14:38
Sounds good. How's it look? I'm hoping mine looks considerably better with the black synthetic. The only other option I could find was a replacment forend from Numrich that was made for a No.1 Mk.III sporter. My concern there was how the two woods were going to look when on the rifle together. The buttstock on mine has a red and yellow look to it (almost could mistake it for laminate!) and I'd hate to get a handguard that looks "off." Rifle will go boom regardless but it might as well look good while doing so.

Good sling swivels would be nice too.

April 23, 2009, 19:23
Hmm... Well, the old stock came off rather easily. No rust in the socket. Figured it would take more than that.

Now, where to go from here...