PDA

View Full Version : What Mosin Barrels Are Chrome Lined

Juker008
March 30, 2009, 20:31
I was wondering if any Mosin barrels were ever chrome lined. Anyone know.

MTIA,

Juker008

Dirt1042
March 30, 2009, 20:58
As far as I know, I've never seen or heard of one ever being chrome lined.No reason for them to be either.

I did see a chromed out bling mosin for sale last year at a gun show that was one of the Classic arms pimped out ones they did awhile back.

John Crusher
March 31, 2009, 19:05
That is a definite no.

DYNOMIKE
March 31, 2009, 20:51
NOPE, NADA, ZIP, NONE.....

Hope that helps...

Juker008
March 31, 2009, 22:15
You guys have been great. Many thanks.

Juker008

tac-40
March 31, 2009, 22:45
NOPE, NADA, ZIP, NONE.....

You sound uncertain, could you be a little clearer on your answer. I'm not sure what you intended to say!!!:biggrin: :biggrin: :uhoh: :]

DYNOMIKE
April 01, 2009, 18:42
Originally posted by tac-40

You sound uncertain, could you be a little clearer on your answer. I'm not sure what you intended to say!!!:biggrin: :biggrin: :uhoh: :]

I wasn't really sure so I just took a stab at it..:tongue: :biggrin:

davedude
April 03, 2009, 06:29
I got two that are frickin COPPER lined...... :mad: and I have the mother of all green heaps of patches to prove it......never seen more copper fouling in my life. I am still getting brite green patches out, i leave em sit full of hoppes #9 and every couple days run fresh thru.....
I had broke down finally and bought a couple regular grade m91/30's from J&G. Hex recievers with 1932 and 1935 dates. One counterbored, the other not. The counterbored one has a good condition bore but the other one has a really dark and worn bore. But I like em, can't wait to get them out to the range. :D
Having a hard time finding boxer primed brass---I've got a Lee 160g 3.11 mould that should work for this application....

Cheers:beer:

Dave Dude

Dirt1042
April 03, 2009, 21:37
Dave Dude, try Sweet's 7.62 copper fouling cleaner or Barnes CR-10. They are heavy duty copper removers and are potent stuff.

davedude
April 04, 2009, 09:32
Thanks Dirt1042, I need bigger guns in this fight.

Dave Dude

mj2evans
April 04, 2009, 14:20
Forget the solvent and go to JB paste - those Nagant barrels may be nasty but usually shoot ok. It may take a couple tries even with the JB but it sure beats watching solvent soak in a barrel.

davedude
April 07, 2009, 21:03
Thanks for the recomendations fellas. I went looking 'round the internet and found an interesting comparison test/sales propaganda. And well, I bit. But if this is for real it is not wonder my Hoppes #9 doesn't do squat on the heavy copper fouling.
I ordered some KG-12 bore cleaner after checking this page out....
anybody use this stuff? did I screw up?

http://www.laniganperformance.com/kg12testresults.html

Dave Dude

[486]
April 30, 2009, 19:36
Originally posted by davedude

Having a hard time finding boxer primed brass---I've got a Lee 160g 3.11 mould that should work for this application....

Sellier&bellot makes affordable boxer primed ammo, set your die to neck size by unscrewing it 1/8" from where you'd normally set it, and keep the brass for each rifle separate, the brass from one likely won't chamber in the others, or just full length size, and deal with shorter case life...

davedude
April 30, 2009, 21:37
Sellier&bellot makes affordable boxer primed ammo, set your die to neck size by unscrewing it 1/8" from where you'd normally set it, and keep the brass for each rifle separate, the brass from one likely won't chamber in the others, or just full length size, and deal with shorter case life...

Thats a good idea 486, about the neck sizing. I coughed up $15 a box for two boxes of Privi Partizan 54r at the market hall gun show last weekend. SP BT 150gr. The bullets are lead core copper jacket soft points so I can shoot them at either of the close by ranges and gives me a few more (expensive) cases to add to my collection.

I've not revisited with removing the copper fouling from the M91/30 since I got the kg-12, been working on other stuff, hope to get to it soon.

Dave Dude