PDA

View Full Version : Difference: DSA extreme duty scope mount vs extended version?

glockfan
March 27, 2009, 22:51
I just picked up a DSA FAL recently and am eventually wanting to put some optics on it. I see that the extended version does not require gunsmithing, but the regular one does. I would prefer not to have to take it to a gunsmith, but not if the extended version is not as secure.

Is the extended version just as secure as the standard as far as keeping a zero? If not, I will just have to take it to the gunsmith. Thanks!

SIG552
March 28, 2009, 23:20
Neither of these require a gunsmith (as stated in the respective ads). The extended version was only made to meet up with DSA's railed forend. Other than that they are identical.

A great scope mount. Order one and be merry.

SIGgie

DSARep
March 30, 2009, 09:09
If you don't have a carry handle, the extended one is the way to go. It gives you a bit more mounting surface, and if you decide to do a rail system later it will align with that. I have them on all of my SA58s.

John

glockfan
March 30, 2009, 10:48
Thanks for the responses. My only other question is that I haven't decided exactly on what type of optics I want to use, but I am thinking about the Acog. Will the Acog mount fine on the extreme duty scope mount, or do I need to make sure and specifically get the ds arms mount for the acog?

By the way, DSA Rep, I LOVE the fit and finish of my FAL.

I am definitely going to have to add a 16 or 18 inch FAL carbine to go along with the full size 21 incher in the near future.