PDA

View Full Version : Allemans,PA.,,AppleSeedShoot

Illurian00
March 24, 2009, 22:59
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Flyers: Available below

Range: Reade Range

Address: Allemans, PA

When: April 18-19 2009

Range Fee: TBA

Camping available: Primitive camping on site, in designated area.

Hotels: Closest - Sleepy Valley Motel 814-687-4247

Food: Closest - Sir Barneys 814-687-9235

Directions: This is a remote area and tricky to find the first time. Check and double check your maps. Cell phone connection is questionable. When you think you are lost, you are almost there. Range is gated. If coming to camp on friday contact me for access.
From I 80-- Leave I 80 at Milesburg, go South n Rt. 220 to Tyrone. At Tyrone, take Rt. 453 West to Rt. 253. Turn South on Rt. 253 to town of Allemans. In center of town, turn right (West) and travel mile to top of hill (Church and cemetery on right). Turn left at cemetery on dirt road. Follow signs to Range.

From Rt. 22 for Western shooters. Turn North on Rt. 53 at town of Cresson. Follow Rt. 53 to town of Van Ormer. Turn right on Rt. 253 to Allemans. Turn Left (West) in center of town and proceed as above.

From Rt. 22 for Eastern shooters. Turn North on Rt. 22O at Hollidaysburg. Proceed on Rt. 220 to Bellwood. Turn left on Rt. 865 at Bellwood and follow Rt. 865 to Glasgow. At Glasgow turn right on Rt. 253 to Allemans. Turn left in center of town and proceed as above.

State Laws to be aware of: Check State Laws. www.attorneygeneral.gov

Misc: This event location can offer actual distance shooting out to 1000 yards, bring the 22 for the bulk of the instruction and the centerfire for some actual distance shooting if skills permit.

This is a very nice range, the "golf course" quality location that every community should have. Come on out and experience a great range, some quality rifle marksmanship instruction and American Heritage!

For more information contact: Ed Burrell (B964)
RWVA.NEWYORK@gmail.com
607-727-9282

For range/camping information: Tom Ferraro
Range President
724-352-0234

Registration Link: http://www.eventbrite.com/event/187141746

You can download, print and distribute the flyers below, where ever you travel. The more people on the line, the more shoots we can have!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Allemans April 2009.pdf (123.81 KB - downloaded 80 times.)

jgr762
March 26, 2009, 10:24
Yes thats the one,

Saw pics of last years shoot http://appleseedinfo.org/smf/index.php?topic=3786.0 lokks like a good time had by all.

also some of the other shoots from last year across the country http://www.flickr.com/groups/rwva/

Are you planning to go? I havent had much luck finding any one else that is planning to camp.

As of last week 52 of 60 spots on the line spoken for , they may have more when you figure in walk-ins.

Regards, Jgr

Illurian00
March 27, 2009, 12:18
Probably not to Allemans,,,too far. I was just looking at a private range closer to me for an AppleSeed that wk/nd. Range is long, 400yds., but kinda narrow at the firing line. That's what determines the number of participants,That , and the number of instructors. On those two points each shoot can only accomodate so many shooters. As the AppleSeed graduates more instructors, shoot opportunities will expand. Too, more clubs and private ranges are becoming familiar w/ the program and looking on it w/ favor.
Get over to Allemans, and report back.
That is all.

jgr762
March 27, 2009, 22:40
can do

mangoman37
April 20, 2009, 12:56
I was at this Appleseed event this past weekend, April 18th & 19th. Had a great time and learned A LOT. A ton of info in a short period of time, but certainly worth the $70.

Anyone else out there go to this shoot? I know I met / camped with a few FALers there.

Scott
(I was the short guy with the beard, shooting an L1A1 the whole weekend.)

MarkL
April 22, 2009, 06:01
Scott,

Yup, I was there. I was the guy who wanted to talk with you about FALs. Busy weekend, wasn't it?

I wanted to ask you about the regulator, as mine is not hand tight. I assume that there is a tool for this use. What should I get to be able to turn the regulator? Thanks.

Mark

mangoman37
April 22, 2009, 07:35
Hey Mark,
Good to hear from you. It sure was a lot to take in during a single weekend. I had been planning on catching up with yourself and some others on Sunday, but there was less time then than on Saturday.
Your gas regulator is not hand tight? Have you taken it off? Perhaps it needs a good cleaning? Mine turns rather easily, but I have seen a tool for turning the gas tube nut (I think that's what it's called, down next to the carry handle with similar ridges). I thought I was ordering one once, but it was from an Austrian cleaning kit, and my gun is British. It was meant to grab the ridges, so I wonder if that would work for you.

What gun do you have? Have you had a chance to take it to the range much?

I'm relatively new to my L1A1, but the more I learn, the more I like it.
Talk to you soon
Scott

MarkL
April 22, 2009, 11:07
Scott,

Yeah; it was a busy weekend, and a long one.

I think that I told you that I had just got it, because I had heard good things about FALs, and wanted someone to get me familiar with it... which means that, no, I have not taken it to the range.

It is an Israeli Arms, which means metric. I have a few mags, but want to get more. I have not taken off the regulator: don't know how. It might need cleaning: I would not know. It sounds as if there is a tool, as the regulator definitely has ridges; where can you get one?

thanks,
Mark

Oedipus
April 22, 2009, 13:16
Here ya go:

http://estore.websitepros.com/832529/Detail.bok?no=158

MarkL
April 28, 2009, 05:50
Oedipus,

Thanks. That looks like a good place to poke around.