PDA

View Full Version : SEF price

jefferyc22
March 18, 2009, 13:09
What can one expect to pay for a registered SEF HK lower?
The lower IS THE MG?
You can mount it on whatever you want at that point? providing it has the trip on the BC and the you can get over the pin issue?

dirtyrice
March 18, 2009, 23:56
The lower is NOT the mg. The registered sear is. most hk sears i've seen are registered in 9mm,223 and .308. Meaning you can get a full auto trigger pack, throw your sear in there , put in a full auto lower and change it from gun to gun at your leisure.

These are known as host guns. Hk sears are one of the best buys out there because of this. Tons of people buy an mp5 with a sear then get themselves a couple vectors and use them as host guns. I've shot a vector hk51 with registered sear and it was SWEEET.

You'll find most sears are already in a gun when they're sold. so you'd have to buy it along with the gun which adds a couple K to your price. But occasionally you'll see a sear by itself.

http://www.dndguns.com/hk_sear.htm
Hk sear 13k

http://www.sturmgewehr.com/webBBS/nfa4sale.cgi?read=116686
Sear in an hk91 17k

http://www.sturmgewehr.com/webBBS/nfa4sale.cgi?read=116674
sear in a full auto trigger pack 15k

Shop around for sure. You could get a better deal by a couple k depending on who you get it from.

There are also hk's out there that DO NOT have a transferable sear in them. In these guns the receiver is the registered(mg) part. Not as versatile as a sear.

Some things have started to come down with the economy. I'm sure some of the guys that are really up there in age and bought the mg and lots of ammo when they were both cheap will start selling alot stuff soon.

gunnut1
March 19, 2009, 09:04
What Nick said. but who would want to pay that much for a sear? This is the main reason I don't own anything with a fun switch.

dirtyrice
March 19, 2009, 11:03
Gotta pay to play.

gunnut1
March 19, 2009, 12:12
Very true! But I don't want to buy the damn factory that makes them!

jefferyc22
March 19, 2009, 12:24
If I had a registered sear I could run a Vector SMG pretty "cheap" with my Dillon 550B

Artful
March 20, 2009, 22:13
Originally posted by gunnut1
Very true! But I don't want to buy the damn factory that makes them!

Ah, that's the point the fine folk in .Gov made sure they can't make them anymore so that's why the free market price has escalated to current levels.

Get the stupid law changed and the price will fall with new production. :wink:

gunnut1
March 21, 2009, 08:35
Tell me how to get the law changed and I will be glad to!

FAL GRUNT
March 21, 2009, 11:28
Oh, well, the nice ATF agent thursday just said if you want a machinegun, file a form 1. He said as long as you file the paper work they don't care WHAT you have or build.

:rolleyes:

I'd laugh but I am too sick, and worried I would hack up a lung.

-myers

Artful
March 21, 2009, 21:16
Originally posted by FAL GRUNT
Oh, well, the nice ATF agent thursday just said if you want a machinegun, file a form 1. He said as long as you file the paper work they don't care WHAT you have or build.

:rolleyes:

I'd laugh but I am too sick, and worried I would hack up a lung.

-myers

WTF must in 9th circuit - they did rule make for own use and not in interstate commerce was legal but that hasn't made it to SCOTUS