PDA

View Full Version : This old 1903

21inchPeter
March 18, 2009, 11:15
http://i598.photobucket.com/albums/tt64/21inchPeter/Spring001.jpg

As the story goes, this rifle was made in the 60's, and was tuned for the Army National Guard Marksmanship team and was once stored in the Guard armory in the Bronx. It was put up for sale to the public and purchased by a Snow Bird bound for Florida which is where I met it. Came with a light trigger and the Fancy Irons, I got the scope off Ebay, cause it was the only thing I found that fit it's weird scope mount, or at least one of them. Just wanted to share this piece before it goes to New Hampshire to go to my Brother's American Rifleman Collection.

Hellion Productions
March 18, 2009, 14:34
Wow! Unertl Hathcock-era Scope?

Best,
JBR

jrkoller
March 18, 2009, 15:45
I just had one of those 03's here a friend brought it to me to have a scope and mounts put on it, the guy I had do the job did a great job and I had a weaver scope that i wasn't using so I had it put on I think it was 2x5 or something like that with just the post and cross hair and it fit perfect.
My friend bought the rifle for 45.00 dollars when he was 17 years old and has used it since for deer hunting he is now 62 with bad eyes and could not use the peep site so the scope went on he is vary happy with it. I did zero it in and man it is dead on. PS the rifle was in almost mint condition no rust no pitting still the origional blueing great bore
Great shooter.
Joe