PDA

View Full Version : JOUSTER.COM

MK ULTRA
March 16, 2009, 15:10
What happened to it? Anyone know?

This was a GREAT M1 and M1A site along with almost any other rifle you want to research. As of 3-4 years ago they even added a FAL forum.

I check it on occasion. As of last week the site changed. JOUSTER.COM

Is now the MILITARY SURPLUS COLLECTORS HOME PAGE.

The format has changed completly to nothing like what it was.

It makes me think that something happened to Maj. Culver, the, I believe, Owner of the site.

Just checking...

thanks

DJ
March 16, 2009, 15:19
MK Ultra.......I was just there. There is a scoll near the top of the page welcoming members of Culver's Shooting Page, click here.....I clicked and got into Culvers forums, but the format had changed.
don't know if something happened to Dick....I haven't been on that site for awhile. His wife Gloria was doing quite a bit of the work on the site.

2barearms
March 16, 2009, 16:45
Here's a linkee: http://www.milsurps.com/forumdisplay.php?f=73

I have it on good authority that the Culvers were away from the board
due to health issues, but it was only a convenience issue and nothing dire.
It was kind of on auto pilot for a while. Things may have changed since
then but that's what I know. The sales board is up and running.

Texgunner
May 28, 2009, 10:12
I've been wondering the same thing. There used to be a great article there on refinishing military stocks. I can't find that anymore either.
Gary

Charles Lipscomb
May 30, 2009, 23:24
Texgunner, if there is an article you wan , ask.. a lot of guys save copies of good stuff ( i saved a copy of 'the death of Santa Claus") from jouster.. so i am sure someone has it...

Texgunner
May 31, 2009, 15:24
:beer: :beer:

Thanks Charles and SD! I have the original article printed somewhere I know, but always relied on being able to find it on the old Culver site. Thanks for the help and the link.
Gary

DABTL
June 01, 2009, 18:51
The Culver's are gone, forever it appears. Health issues.

The milsurps board took it over a while back.

The milsurps board was far more detail intensive than the old CSP boards.

I joined early on. It is a wonderful resource for smle and other English weapons and parts.

2barearms
June 03, 2009, 16:50
Originally posted by DABTL
The Culver's are gone, forever it appears. Health issues.

The milsurps board took it over a while back.

The milsurps board was far more detail intensive than the old CSP boards.

I joined early on. It is a wonderful resource for smle and other English weapons and parts.

They're not much on the free speech thing over there, are they.

Tailback
June 03, 2009, 20:52
There's some good information on stock cleaning and refinishing at http://parallaxscurioandrelicfirearmsforums.yuku.com/ Not a ton of traffic there but a lot of good stickies with good information. The poster named "cabinetman" really knows his wood refinishing. I used his techniques to clean up my K98 Mauser and M1903A3 Springfield stocks and they turned out fantastic.