PDA

View Full Version : Trigger surface too smooth, need to roughen...

CRShooter32
March 04, 2009, 16:13
I recently aquired a LNiB CZ75B, and found that the surface on the trigger is too smooth, in double action, it feels as if my finger is going to slip off the trigger. Anyone have any tips on anything that would work to roughen the surface of the trigger, without making it look like it was attacked by bubbah?

chromestarhustler
March 04, 2009, 17:14
skate board grip tape

Thorgrimm_the_Vain
March 04, 2009, 17:29
jewelers file, horizontal lines across the front and sides.

so that the glue on the skateboard griptape has a better surface to adhere too. :D

TerryN
March 04, 2009, 17:59
Maybe I'm living in a different era, but we used to grind the serrations off DA revolver triggers and polish them smooth back in the day. They really abrade your finger.

Course, it might be different since you'll only be firing the first shot DA.

Court in Fl
March 04, 2009, 20:48
Maybe a very course Scothbrite pad.

Court in FL.

Ron Walker
March 04, 2009, 20:58
You could stipple it. Using a center punch, make small dents all over the curved surface. Ron

W.E.G.
March 04, 2009, 21:03
Do they sell triggers as spare parts?

You could mess around with one, and who cares if it looks like Bubba had his way with it?

Parts is parts.

OldLawman
March 04, 2009, 21:16
Got to agree with TerryN - I want all of my triggers smooth and rounded. DA revolvers, 1911s, BHPs, etc.

Thorgrimm_the_Vain
March 05, 2009, 01:58
Originally posted by OldLawman
Got to agree with TerryN - I want all of my triggers smooth and rounded. DA revolvers, 1911s, BHPs, etc.

You guys say that now, but wait til you are covered in the gore , viscera and blood of a thousand dispatched zombies... then your tune may change.:biggrin:

ggiilliiee
March 05, 2009, 04:12
too bad its not a glock ..you could put it in the waffle iron ;)is there enough room to skeletonize it in the center of the face with the dremel??(slotted):beer: