PDA

View Full Version : Bush modle barrel

Old Sarge
March 04, 2009, 02:46
Hi All
I saw a SA Bush modle (18" BBL) and like it a lot. I am thinking that I would like to get one of my M1As done up that way. Anyone know where I can get the barrel and who to do the job?

Thanks
Old Sarge

pistol5
March 06, 2009, 18:35
Sir, you have several options in going to bush barrel length(one of my favorites too btw). First thing you need to decide is whether or not you want to stay w/standard M14 flash supp? If that's the case you need to buy a barrel set up that way. Criterion makes a wonderful 18.5'' barrel-VERY accurate. If you have no issues w/going to a different FS system, I'd reccomend fal member "moses" who's cut down several barrels(ijncluding one for me-if you'd like to see a pic give me your email addy) and fitted them w/his Hurricane FS. Finally-I would NOT advise cutting down a USGI barrel for this project-if it's a good barrel you can sell it for probably enough to mostly fund your project. Regards. Wendell

Beckman
March 08, 2009, 22:49
Originally posted by pistol5
Sir, you have several options in going to bush barrel length(one of my favorites too btw). First thing you need to decide is whether or not you want to stay w/standard M14 flash supp? If that's the case you need to buy a barrel set up that way. Criterion makes a wonderful 18.5'' barrel-VERY accurate. If you have no issues w/going to a different FS system, I'd reccomend fal member "moses" who's cut down several barrels(ijncluding one for me-if you'd like to see a pic give me your email addy) and fitted them w/his Hurricane FS. Finally-I would NOT advise cutting down a USGI barrel for this project-if it's a good barrel you can sell it for probably enough to mostly fund your project. Regards. Wendell

It should be noted that if you decide to cut down a std length barrel and NOT use the GI-style front sight mount, you will either have to use something like Smith Enterprise's Gas Lock Front Sight (hooded or dovetail), another type of front sight, or only use an optical sight.

Smith's GLFS are near the middle of the page. Barrels are on the same page:
http://www.smithenterprise.com/products03.html

You can purchase a barrel from Smith if you want, but LRB Arms has barrels, too:
http://www.lrbarms.com/parts.html

ByronF
March 09, 2009, 19:51
Too bad you're so far from PA. I have a Scout I'd like to trade for a Standard.