PDA

View Full Version : new enterprise reciver issue.

muttman
March 03, 2009, 16:30
I finly got my reciver in my hands last night. the barrel under times not by mutch but under times. the problem I have is the lower will not slip over the hinge pin block on the upper. what is the best way to "open" up the ears on the lower with out bamage to the lower. the kit is from FAC back in the day and in mint condition, i.e. I could leave the finish on the lower and it would still lock good.

thanks muttman

ActionYobbo
March 03, 2009, 18:52
how much are we talking here. just a smidgen or a whole inch.
I like them tight at the hinge.

gunnut1
March 03, 2009, 19:43
TTake a small hammer and gently tap on the inside of one of the ears till it will slip over the boss on the lower. It should be tight.

muttman
March 04, 2009, 10:36
I think I have this issue fixed. if I make a jack screw that will spred the ears to get the lowe to slide over the boss with out "bending". this should work I think.
thanks for the help. muttman

randyj
March 06, 2009, 23:17
try using a pair of disc brake caliper spreaders
mine are snap-on nice flat faces. i would put the lower in a paded vise not tight but enough to where it'll open up both sides of the lower ears

gunnut1
March 07, 2009, 14:48
Personally, I think you putting to much into it. A coup,le of small tap with a hammer and puch will do the trick and it will not harm the lower. Been there done that. If you spread it too far, just reverse the side you tap on!

This is called WECSOG gunsmithing.

muttman
March 07, 2009, 22:55
gunnut1,
wecsog works but redneck enginering works too. all I need to do is get the ears to fit over the boss and not damage the parts and keep it tight to the boss. not bend it open.

muttman

gunnut1
March 08, 2009, 10:14
OK but I still think you are trying to do it the hard way. AS I ahave stated, I have had to do this on a couple of my FALs and it did not damage the lower in any way.

But do it your way.

muttman
March 09, 2009, 09:23
gunnut1,
if my idea fails I will give yours a try. Im all ways open to new ways and idea's
I do have a small hammer wating.

muttman