PDA

View Full Version : Arrington Accuracy M1A/M14

teeny350
March 02, 2009, 08:34
Dumb questions !

There is an Arrington Accuracy M14 listed on Gunbroker for $4500+.

Is an M1A that expensive to accurize?

Are they worth it and do they hold their value at that lofty price ?

gunplumber
March 02, 2009, 10:00
Phil is one of my mentors, and a camp perry shooter. While he does outstanding accuracy work, it is unlikely that his work alone brings the price. It is likely the type of parts as well.

hagar
March 02, 2009, 10:28
I used to shoot with Phil, and he does great work, but no way is that rifle worth that money.

I would go as far and say that the most accurate M14 in the world will not shoot with a good NM AR15 at 600 yards and less.

panzer
March 02, 2009, 22:06
I would agree. you could get 4 NM AR's for that one M1A, and the worst one will out run it and out gun it all day. And I will go as far as to say out to 1000 yds. The M1A spanks a garand, no doubt a marvel in its hey day, bu is no match for an accurized AR these days now it has the bullets to let it get there.

Besides everything on gunbroker is overpriced lately. :]

JeffJ
March 03, 2009, 11:43
I built a USGI NM parts M14 sent it to Phil and had him do his thing.
It is probably close to that in total cost, but I used an LRB receiver which is close to 1k by itself.
M14 tack drivers are very expensive compared to AR's, My AR (compass Lake)
shoots just as well and cost less than half...

gunshack
March 03, 2009, 19:39
Going by the serial number on the spec sheet it looks to be a SAI receiver, and does seem a bit pricy. But with all the mods done to it and barrel, stock and other NM parts, I don't think the price is too far out of line.

As a side note, I have transfered a few guns from the seller, Jensen Arms for customers, and they are top notch folks. I've never bought anything from them myslef, but all the transferees seem to be happy with their products and service.