PDA

View Full Version : parts for wood furniture

opositive
February 28, 2009, 19:43
i refinished some stripped wooden furniture and need to order some parts to fit the stock, pg, handguards to the l1a1, which has plastic pebble furniture (century build with british parts).

other than a trapdoor buttplate, its screws, and a rear swivel, do i need any other "wood specific" screws or parts?

can i use the plastic pg parts?

do i need a metal ferrule for the buttstock? gunpartsguy has a metric belgian ferrule but not an inch.

sturmgrenadiere
February 28, 2009, 19:50
There is no ferrule for an inch stock, unless it is Indian.

The screw that retains the trigger guard ("Popsicle-stick" wood as it is called) to the bottom of the pistol grip is a machine thread type screw that threads into an insert in the wood grip, verses the rougher threaded plastic grip one that cut/self taps into the plastic.

You'll need a long handguard screw if you have earlier style wood handguards (non-laminate).

opositive
February 28, 2009, 23:02
thank you for the info.

Falfegnügen
March 01, 2009, 14:45
Originally posted by sturmgrenadiere
There is no ferrule for an inch stock, unless it is Indian.

And if it is Indian, the Belgian ferrule won't fit.

Joe in KY
March 04, 2009, 16:00
Who sells the longer handgaurd screw?

jeffrey
March 07, 2009, 12:59
also, on the two screws that attach the trapdoor buttplate : the top one is a wood screw that threads
directly into the wood. The bottom screw has machine threads. It goes through the hole in the wood
and threads into a threaded hole in the end of the sling swivel , so it holds both the plate and the
swivel on.
Gunpartsguy sells them as a matched set , I believe.

Joe in KY
March 07, 2009, 19:27
Thanks Jeffery, I found several places that had the buttplate screws but I had not found anywhere that had the specific screw listed for the handguard. The one for the sythetic forearm is too short. I will check them out. Joe