PDA

View Full Version : Q's for parkerizing experts

eganx
February 26, 2009, 13:50
so I found a 24" stainless drywall mud pan I might be able to use as a park tank. the problem is it is spot welded and leaks. I'm not a good enough tig welder to weld the seams so I took it to the local tig guy. he said it was too thin to be welded without extreme warpage. so, my question is........would JB weld react with the park solution? is there some sort of sealant/putty that might work on a short term basis? I'm really only looking for a temporary fix here......any ideas???

erhauser
February 26, 2009, 16:29
Any epoxy should work. 100% Silicone sealer should work. I made a park tank from a fiberglass tank and a water heater immersion heater sealed in with Silicone sealer ~10 years ago. It has survived intermittant usage with no problems.

richbug
February 26, 2009, 17:03
Silicone would work fine. that is what is holding my PVC park tank together after the PVC glue failed.

Deltaten
February 27, 2009, 09:59
Simply solder the seams with lead-free solder! Takes a good flux specifically for s.s. so beware that.

Texgunner
March 04, 2009, 15:30
Originally posted by Deltaten
Simply solder the seams with lead-free solder! Takes a good flux specifically for s.s. so beware that.

+1
As a tinsmith for 13 years, I soldered lot's of stainless steel sinks, urinals, vats, etc. No biggie.
gb

Blaster746
March 09, 2009, 17:17
Here is a place that sells ss park tanks.

http://www.lauerweaponry.com/index.cfm?Category=640&Subcat=Stainless%20Steel%20Tanks