PDA

View Full Version : New forum for L1A1, inch stuff, etc.

W.E.G.
February 23, 2009, 17:59
by request at http://www.falfiles.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=255392

MAINER
February 23, 2009, 18:22
Thank ya kindly Mr. Administer W.E.G. :bow:

eagle54
February 23, 2009, 19:12
Thank You W.E.G. Greatly Appreciated

Eagle54
Dennis

garyd1961
February 23, 2009, 19:38
my new home

bob dole
February 23, 2009, 19:48
wow, such a nice clean place! lets get some stuff posted in here! once i get my l1a1 put together i will post some stuff also

bykerhd
February 23, 2009, 20:08
Still NO for me. I didn't vote twice though.

There are really Darn few actual Inch rifles in this country.

Most of what are called Inch rifles in this country are from kits built on Metric receivers of some flavor with some mixture of U.S. compliance parts.
REAL 100 % Commonwealth built Inch rifles aren't too common here.

Even the DSA and Entreprise' Inch cut receivers are only a small proportion of the FAL receivers sold.
How many of those DSA and Entreprise' receivers are built up as FrankenFALs, using some combination of Metric parts, is anybody's guess.

Anybody find a stash of Inch barrels or even US compliance parts for Inch rifles around lately ? Not much around that I can see. Just what folks have squirrelled away for a rainy day and are now trying to sell. Sometimes.

I have nothing against Inch type rifles.
But, this added Forum for Inch rifles seems like a waste of time and resources.

Barbcue
February 23, 2009, 20:21
hey managment,,

WELL DONE !!

:bow:

sturmgrenadiere
February 23, 2009, 20:56
bikerhd, you sentiments are noted, and many may share them. But how can one argue against this on the same board with an AUG, Sig, Glock, even a .22 forum for goodness sakes?

Inch pattern rifles are a huge segment of FAL related history. The sheer volume of good honest info out there and the constant discussions about varying aspects of them indicates there is quite a bit of interest in them. So what if they are the minority. I submit that over time this will fill its niche appropriately.

Time will tell, but I am surprised to see folks argue against an endeavor to help categorize and organize FAL related info.

Regards

Ben

W.E.G.
February 23, 2009, 21:07
Remember too guys, if all these various-and-sundry forums give you a migraine, you can do what I do -- which is simply surf "all current posts."

Here ----> http://www.falfiles.com/forums/search.php?s=&action=getdaily

That link will get you all the stuff that is remotely current on this board in five pages or less.

I rarely read the Files by clunking through individual forums, and we aren't modern enough around here to have a "my board" function like that other site.

DougW
February 23, 2009, 21:44
Aussie Lithgow Inch kit built on a Type 1 Entre'prise "File to Fit" Inch reciever:

http://i126.photobucket.com/albums/p118/MDWINK/DSCF0010.jpg

W/20 and 30 round INCH magazines

Actually, there were 2 built at the same time, mine named Shiela (pictured), and the other named Matilda. Owner of Matilda has a preban homebuilt British L1A1 with TRILUX on an Armscore inch reciever. Probably a 20 year old rifle. They are around, but hard to find these days.

torquemada055
February 23, 2009, 21:55
I have nothing against Inch type rifles.

What a whiner, get a wife like mine and you can join the InchBorg too!!!
http://i184.photobucket.com/albums/x140/torquemada55/DSCF2617.jpg

FULLMETALJACKET
February 23, 2009, 22:22
Glad to see this new forum;) Love the inch pattern gals.

paladin
February 24, 2009, 15:05
Happy to see this. I have a bunch of inch variants, British,Aussey,Canadian,Indian; I love'm!....Andy

kalliste
February 24, 2009, 17:53
Yes, I too question the title. The rifle was always called the SLR in British service, the proper title being L1A1 SLR except it was so good it never had to change from being L1A1, thus the L1A1 is completely redundant. I'd be happy to go as far as saying that when it was in service British soldiers never referred to it as the/an L1A1. (And most of them would have been bemused by the term FAL.)

English Mike
February 24, 2009, 18:42
Ooo arr it's an SLR.
Allus will be.
Yuzzem.
None o' this "ellwonaywon" stuff. :biggrin:

jugrunner
February 24, 2009, 22:07
thank you Sir ...

even if mine is a Bastard Century !! ... I luvs it anyway ... shoots well

Andy the Aussie
February 25, 2009, 03:10
Finally a place where people with style, taste and CLASS, can gather.....not withstanding the odd Englishman that stumbles in ... ;)

English Mike
February 25, 2009, 14:00
Originally posted by Andy the Aussie
Finally a place where people with style, taste and CLASS, can gather....

WTF are you doing here then? :tongue:

Rick-a-Roo
February 28, 2009, 17:45
Yeah ~ wot 'e sed.

Andy the Aussie
February 28, 2009, 18:08
Because I bring the requisite style class and taste to the party.... ;)

Falfegnügen
February 28, 2009, 21:46
Originally posted by kalliste
Yes, I too question the title. The rifle was always called the SLR....

+1

If we really wanted to have the this Board do right by the FAL and it's service history, at the core of it would be forums something like this:

1. Standard FN pattern FALs
2. Commonwealth Pattern FALs (Australian, British, Canadian, Indian)
3. Early Pattern FALs (EX series, FAL Canada, T48, Israeli, etc.)

No matter, and thanks to the board staff that had the common sense and gumption to realize this is the "FAL" files, and have taken one fantastic step to get where the board always should have been going. :bow: :bow: :bow:

L1A1 59
March 01, 2009, 00:27
And least we forget that the "inch" pattern was the FIRST to be adopted buy any country as their MBR.