PDA

View Full Version : Help with serial number

NavyRedneck
February 22, 2009, 15:20
Is there any way to get a date of manufacture for a DSA SA58? I tried calling DSA a few weeks ago and the lady said she would have to bother the gunsmiths to get the info. I could have heard wrong. Before that I had called and heard 2-3 weeks turnaround on new gun orders (this was early Jan). Haha, I think that was a case of me hearing what I wanted to hear.

Anyway, my serial number is DS109xx. I'll send the whole thing to the DSA rep that runs this board.

Oh, and the reason that I am asking is that I live in MA and am trying to figure out if this gun can be brought into the state or not (pre-ban vs post-ban). I bought it used and the barrel/action look brand new but the gun has numerous handling marks which indicate a safe-queen to me.

thanks

NavyRedneck
February 26, 2009, 09:58
I called again yesterday and the lady said she would find out and call me back. Maybe a different lady than the one I spoke to the first time.

Also, my order for a SA58 placed first week of Jan is shipping this week! Very pleasant surprise as I was expecting another couple of months.

N4KVE
February 26, 2009, 11:48
Years ago I was considering purchasing a STG 58 on a DSA type 1 receiver. I wanted to know if it was factory built or home built. I called DSA on my lunch break & a man answered the phone. I gave him the ser# & in 1 second he told me who bought the receiver & that they sold him just a receiver. Try calling when their girl is out to lunch & maybe a boss answers. GARY N4KVE

Rich@CGW
February 26, 2009, 11:59
I don't believe DSA made receivers prior to the Old AWB of 94.

I say Post Ban is your answer.

nwobhm
February 26, 2009, 12:08
Originally posted by NavyRedneck
DS109xx.

It's an older one. 1997 or 1998. Should say Grayslake on the ejection side of receiver.