PDA

View Full Version : Isreali HB Finish

mp40gunner
February 20, 2009, 11:03
I was looking in the FAL book and it appears that the original finish on Izzy HB's is a paint probably over parkerzing. Is this the correct finish?

It will be going off to Orion for all the Hebrew markings and I have spent quite a bit on getting all Izzy parts so I didn't want to mess it up in the end. All (10) Izzy marked mags that I have are painted so I would guess that would be the original finish, but from the black and white pictures it is hard to tell.

I plan on using KG Gunkote over parkering and wanted to be correct before I finished the project.

Thanks in Advance.

Ron Walker
February 20, 2009, 12:04
Every surplus kit(in new or used condition) that I've seen, or a rifle built on them, was dark gray parking. No paint. Ron

millersm99
February 20, 2009, 15:41
I got an Izzy lower once that was original and had black matte (not flat) paint over park.

mp40gunner
March 02, 2009, 13:01
Thanks for the replies. All the parts that I have put together for the kit are a mixed as well. Most of the parts are parked, but I have picked up a few parts that have a matt black on them like my mags.

Would it be possible that HB's are parked and LB's are matt black?

J. Armstrong
March 02, 2009, 13:12
I would guess that early Herstal Izzy contract FALs had the standard stoved finish, later Israeli made parts may have gone to a straight park finish as would any rebuilds.
I have seen both lb and hb parts in both finishes.