PDA

View Full Version : Para stock sight conversion

mountainman
February 19, 2009, 14:56
OK I am getting nowhere with this. A long time ago a member posted on the files how they got a Rhodie to work with regular metric sights. They cut up the fixed hinge on teh stock. I was wondering if anyone remember that and has any insight. I'm Interested in doing this

SIG552
February 19, 2009, 19:24
Do you mean this?

Slow
February 20, 2009, 00:24
i have done it using a falcon para hinge, i would have posted some pics , but owlcreekok has the rifle, ill see if i can get him to post some pics.

mountainman
February 23, 2009, 09:00
exactomundo. Have you had any problems such as the need to saw off your front sight? I also see that the hinge has a different kind of swivel. you think that would necessitate a sling thing? Will it be compatible with a para stock?

Slow
February 23, 2009, 09:27
Originally posted by mountainman
exactomundo. Have you had any problems such as the need to saw off your front sight?

No.

Ole Owl sent me some useless photos, i will get with him in the next few days and post some decent pic you can use, just bear with me.

mountainman
February 24, 2009, 18:11
thanks

Slow
February 26, 2009, 19:40
Finally here's some pics

Slow
February 26, 2009, 19:43

Slow
February 26, 2009, 19:47
and lastly, need more just let me know

Para Driver
February 26, 2009, 21:00
the holland or brazil sights show up occassionally, posted on this board too...
why carve up a good folder?

Slow
February 26, 2009, 22:43
Originally posted by Para Driver
the holland or brazil sights show up occassionally, posted on this board too...
why carve up a good folder?

it had a para sight and i have a Holland, the para hinge was a Falcon so no loss of an original, just some thing i wanted to try and i like the look, i also made the tubes 2"longer for a longer pull, and a falcon buttplate, now i i can just get the rilfe back from Owlcreek ill finish the refinish on that lower,

BTW it's a para setup i cobbled together and put on my SAR4800 .223 that had the bunghole stock.

mountainman
February 27, 2009, 12:59
I thought you would need a higher and not a lower sight aperture? As to why you would want to mess up a perfectly good stock is cause you want to use a standard sight that gives you no problems.

Para Driver
February 27, 2009, 17:34
I have a holland sight, and my rifle is good to go out to 300 yds.. I guess if you have good eyes you can shoot farther, but it works for me...

if you shoot regularly out to 400-600 I can see some basis for the modification..