PDA

View Full Version : SW M 1917 problem

jshema
February 18, 2009, 07:02
Took my sister to the range last friday. Was shooting my SW M 1917 and was having problems with the trigger resetting to its forward position. If I pulled on it gently it would return to normal. Ended up cleaning it over the weekend and everything seemed okay, dry fired it a few times and was having problems with the cylinder release, the screw holding it was really loose. Tightened it a little to where it had been and now I cannot get the cylinder release to do anything. I pull the trigger on it and the hammer moves rearward a quarter of an inch and won't go anymore. Can't get the cylinder to rotate either. I took the side plate off thinking something was amiss and can't really tell, everything looks like its where it should be. Will be taking it to gun smith, but anybody have any ideas so I know how much it'll run me(ballpark) to get it fixed.

Thanks in advance.

jshema
February 20, 2009, 04:46
Found that the ejector rod had come unscrewed and that was binding everything up. However, now I have a little screw that I can't find on the numrich schematic that came out of the gun somewhere, any ideas what that might be?

aardq
February 21, 2009, 00:32
Based on my memory and my old S&W 32-20, all screws are external. 4 on the side plate, one in front of the trigger guard, one in the front of the grip frame (main spring screw), and the screw holding the cylinder release. I'm not aware of any other screws, every thing else is pined.

Good luck
Dan

dogngun
February 27, 2009, 10:03
Dan, I believe you are right - all the screws are external.
I can find a schematic online to make sure.
mark

ADDED: There is a schematic at the S&W Model 1917 pasts list site on
www.gunpartscorp.com thar shows all the screws and small parts.

All are external. Take a look and see if anything matches what you found.

mark