PDA

View Full Version : Two New Imbel builds

Jed Cooper
February 17, 2009, 20:02
Hey Guys, Just took out and tested 2 Imbel kits on Imbel recievers I built on (gear logo bought 4 or 5 years ago when they were $179 at Dealers Warehouse. The Imbel kits were from Dan's at $134, I think. So about $450 in each one. Plus some Penquin stock sets, FSE & DSA hts sets, other parts from Tapco to make them compliant and some welding mods on the selector switch to to keep it from going to the "A" position.
Anyway shot both of them and both were easy to sight in and ran about 15 rounds in each. I was sure there might be something that wouldn't be quite right and was prepared for that possibility. Both ended up with gas settings on about 5 or 6. I got my information on building details from you experts and wrote them down or printed them out over the years as well as using Gun Plumber"s excellent videos and manual . I saved all the information in a folder for the last 5 or 6 years hoping to finally get the time to put them together. You guys are a wealth of knowlege and the kits went together perfect. You just have to pay attention to the details when putting them together. Anyway thanks to you all for the tips you've given over the years. I'll send pics later. FALS FOREVER! :aug: :rofl:

MAINER
February 18, 2009, 10:04
$179 at Dealers Warehouse. :cry: :cry:

We shoulda' bought them instead of stock on wall street. :(

:bow: Congrats on bringing two of 'em back alive! :beer:

dirtyrice
February 18, 2009, 12:23
Hope you have fun with them. Did you stock up on ammo when it was cheap too?

seriously though. If you bought kits when they were cheap be it aks/fals/m14's itd be worth 10 fold now. Stock markets, 401k's , ira's eat your heart out. I've seen kits I bought double in price within a year or so.

Jed Cooper
February 18, 2009, 19:48
dirtyrice- Oh yes, I stocked up well when it was cheap. Also have a nice G-3 kit with a nice barrel I might put together later. Right now I just used some 1300degree ceramic flat black on them. Next I'll put them in the blast cabinet and do a nice park job, then some Duracoat matte black. Also have a G-3 kit with a nice barrel. I would like to put that together too, but it won't be on an Imbel ,because they're way too high now. Yes, we all could've made a lot of money if we bought say 50 or 10 of those $179 Imbels or even Imbel kits. Way better than any thing in the stock market. I felt good all over just knowing I had brought these baby's back to life. I'm for sure a Fal addict.:aug: ;) ;)

Jed Cooper
February 19, 2009, 04:55
Sorry guys, I meant to say I have a G-1 kit instead of a G-3.:fal: :rofl: