PDA

View Full Version : John, any update on type I CHC receivers?

bookertbab
February 17, 2009, 12:33
John, do you have any new info on when type one carry handle cut receivers might be ready?

Thanks,Tony.

instr8
February 17, 2009, 19:13
I got mine about 3 weeks ago. I had been on the list since November. That might have helped, dunno.

BLINDone3
February 17, 2009, 19:56
Damn!!!!! I should be close then, I ordered (5) in late Oct-early Nov.
That sounds great!!!!

DSARep
February 18, 2009, 09:34
I am waiting on updates for a couple items, and receivers are on my list. I will post when I hear something.

Thank you!

John

bookertbab
February 18, 2009, 13:47
Originally posted by instr8
I got mine about 3 weeks ago. I had been on the list since November. That might have helped, dunno.

I have been on the list since summer I think. You sure your not talking about the type 1 NCHC receivers?

instr8
February 19, 2009, 00:03
Originally posted by bookertbab

I have been on the list since summer I think. You sure your not talking about the type 1 NCHC receivers?

Nope. T1 CHC. I got a T2 CHC about a month before that.

Got on the waiting list for both on OCT 17th, not NOV as I stated before.

Type 2 CHC arrived on 1/5

Type 1 CHC arrived on 1/28

DSARep
February 19, 2009, 08:54
Most of the orders for rifles and receivers placed due to the election rush have been for CHC type 1 receivers. Many of the buyers are first time FAL owners and want the original look, so orders massively shifted to that configuration. The end result is we lost ground and are back ordered again. I expect that to get better as the buying subsides. Hang in there and we will have receivers going out again.

John

MrWithasee
February 19, 2009, 14:55
does that mean the type 1 non-CHC receivers have a shorter lead time?

DSARep
February 20, 2009, 09:12
I will ask on that. We were building more non-CHC receivers for direct sale since that tended to be the dominant type ordered before the election rush. It seems like the first time FAL buyers are after the look of a standard early FAL, and those of us who are more utilitarian have different preferences.

John

mp40gunner
February 20, 2009, 15:54
Wow, by looking at these posts it appears to be about 2 months. For the buying that seems to be going on everywhere, that doesn't really seem to bad. I love the receivers and they are worth the wait. I can't wait to get mine as well.

BLINDone3
February 26, 2009, 22:13
John,

Any more recent update on these or are we still at the same time frame?

Thanks!

DSARep
February 27, 2009, 08:50
No change right now. The CHC receiver is the dominant rifle type ordered right now for the first time in a long time.

John

BLINDone3
March 31, 2009, 09:34
John,

Just wondering if you've pushed a few more of these out ! I'm glad to see your putting out type-3's and I'll probably order one after I get all the type-1 CHC that I ordered in October. Can you give me an estimate on when I'll see them, or should I just move on to another type?

Thanks!

bookertbab
April 04, 2009, 18:04
Just picked up my receivers from my local FFL.

Thanks, DSA.

DSARep
April 06, 2009, 07:41
My advice on any receiver type is to place your order regardless of wait time if you want a specific cut. I don't know when certain runs will be done, and the back-order volume is huge. All I can say is if you are not in the queue when a certain type is run, the odds of getting one are low. Only if we had a surplus of a certain type would it be offered for sale beyond those waiting, and I will post on the forum when we have extras. They go very fast when I do that. Given the political situation could change with little notice, at least being on the list increases your chances.

John