PDA

View Full Version : Barreling an Upper in NW Arkansas

rlhollo
February 16, 2009, 00:30
I just received one of the Coonan Receivers and found a good STG58 kit a while back. I am in the process of ordering compliance parts from DSA. My question is there gunsmith in the NW Arkansas area that does the barreling and headspacing. I have completed the rest of the build according the awesome info on the files but do not have the tools or confidence to barrel and headspace the gun.

Hebrew Battle Rifle
February 20, 2009, 22:47
I am in Central Arkansas. I have all of the gear needed to build an F A L including access to a machine shop. If you get down this way drop me a line and we can get it built.

There used to be a placed called Investment Grade Firearms up in north Central Arkansas. I don't know if he is still in business.

http://www.investmentgradefirearms.com/index.htm

rlhollo
February 21, 2009, 23:42
Thank you for your offer sir. I will keep you in mind. I am also thinking about trying to save up and sending it to Blackwell Industries to be built.

Blackwell (http://blackwellindustries.com/page5.html)

LarryR
March 02, 2009, 21:24
Well, if you want to try it yourself, I'm in the area and can loan you the tools.

brownknees
March 02, 2009, 22:05
*warning*
Hijack in progress!
You guys are right next door so as to speak.
why don't you drop in on the Gunner Pool campout in late september this year?
Located in beautiful Sylamore Creek & open to all who can show up.
*Hijack over*
:]

rlhollo
March 09, 2009, 00:42
LarryR

I live in Benton county, are you close? I am still waiting on one compliance part from DSA before I can build it. I have everything together except the barrel on the receiver and the locking shoulder in the upper.

Robert

rlhollo
March 09, 2009, 00:43
brownknees,

What is the Gunner Pool campout and where is Sylamore Creek?

brownknees
March 09, 2009, 09:33
Sorry it took a while to get back to you.
Sylamore creek is in the Ozark National Forest, about 2 hrs North of Little Rock.
The nearest town is Mountain View, & the campsite is about 15 miles away, mostly on 2-lane blacktop.
It's right by Blanchard Springs Cavern if you're familiar with it.

The campout lasts 10 days total, but several just drop in for a weekend, a day, or whatever fits into the schedule.
It's a bunch of FALFilers getting together to swap ideas, renew old & new friendsips & go to the range on the White River a couple of times.

We've been doing this for several years now, and have a routine established of planning pretty much nothing, doing about 1/2 of what we plan on & having a great time & eating well.:biggrin:

There is a lot of camping, shooting, & living in an emergency setting information passed round freely, without going to Boot Camp.

You'd be welcome to join us if you want to.
Heres the link to last year's follow up thread, don't let the joking around put you off, we've been ragging on each other for so long it's almost a habit by now!

http://www.falfiles.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=243424&highlight=%2Agunner+Pool%2A

Heres the thread "organizing" this years planned campout.:?

http://www.falfiles.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=252275

LarryR
March 09, 2009, 10:31
Robert,

I'm not far away. Check your PM's.

brownknees
March 09, 2009, 10:48
What is the Gunner Pool campout and where is Sylamore Creek?
Here's a pic of a typical campsite there. They come with gravel road access, fire rings, camp benches, light posts to hang your lantern, & drinkable running water. There is also a set of bathrooms, but not showers.

brownknees
March 09, 2009, 10:50
Worth it when morning coffee is in this setting (Gunner Pool campsite shoreline)

SmokeEater2
March 09, 2009, 14:18
Quote from brownknees post-

"We've been doing this for several years now, and have a routine established of planning pretty much nothing, doing about 1/2 of what we plan on & having a great time & eating well."

Brutha' That is the best description of the Gunner pool gathering I've ever seen!

:bow: :bow: :bow: