PDA

View Full Version : Windage screw in 2 metric sizes?

Ghost
February 13, 2009, 23:37
Ok I have a glitch in my Para project. I have a SARCO humper special. I started fitting parts to the lower. Grip on, axis pins in. lock leave in frame lock assembly on Para sight goes into dove tail, BUT when I go to add the windage screws they are very difficult to turn. I back them out the check the threads threads are fine. Try again and they go in easer to about where I stopped before. I removed the sight and can see where the larger windage screw has bowed the bottom of the dovetail to make room for its self.

Screws were NEW DSAs. Nether StG windage screws or Belgian fit either all are a larger diameter.
I canít drill out the holes and tape to the correct size because of how close the holes are to the bottom of the sight dovetail. Any attempt to enlarge the hole would result in a perforation into the dovetail cut.

Any body run into this before? Whatís the fix?

Thanks,
JAKE

frontier
February 13, 2009, 23:58
Reduce the diameter of the screw heads.

Ghost
February 14, 2009, 00:11
It's not the heads. it's the threaded shank. the onlt one I got to go in al all only went about 1/32"

_JAKE

Ghost
February 15, 2009, 13:11
BUMP

MAINER
February 15, 2009, 13:31
#8 X 36 tpi ?

That's the only one in my note's for windage. Got a tap to chase the threads with?

Ghost
February 15, 2009, 21:44
I don't have a tap But I'll have to see if I can pick one up.

Thanks

jwaters
February 17, 2009, 19:18
8-36 isn't a common size, you'll need to go to an industrial supplier.