PDA

View Full Version : 10 Years as a Newby

Hanover Phist
February 12, 2009, 13:08
Hi,
I tried to email this but for some reason it just wouldn’t go through, so I’m posting it here instead. Just wondering why after all these years I’m still listed as a new member. In my membership info I am listed as a registered member since January 1, 2001(although I’m sure I first became a member in 1999 not that it much matters). I also realize that most of my old posts from 1999 and 2000 have probably been long ago deleted with the change of sites and servers, (this is the third one that I remember). I haven’t posted much in the past years; dose that have anything to do with it? Again I’m not complaining but wondering how I get my status changed and if it has to do with the amount of postings or time affiliated with this group? Thanks.

Hanover Phist
FALaholic ID 1969

kerplode
February 12, 2009, 13:14
Originally posted by Hanover Phist
I haven’t posted much in the past years; dose that have anything to do with it?
Yes. The default user text is determined by post count.

You may be able to change it yourself, however. Try this:
- Click the "user cp" button under the ad banner in the upper right corner of the window
- Click "Profile"
- Scroll down a bit and see if you find a field called "Custom User Text"
- If so, enter your desired user text in the "New Title" field
- Scroll to the bottom and click "Submit Modifications"

Hanover Phist
February 12, 2009, 13:28
Kerplode,
Thanks for the respond, but the “Customer User Text” field doesn’t exist. So if indeed it depends on postings I may have to be proactive and post more often. Posting often…hummmm…dose that mean I’m going “postal”? :rolleyes: Thanks again.

kerplode
February 12, 2009, 13:36
Bummer...I guess you'll need Jen to fix it, then.

FWIW, I think the threshold to become a "Member" is 50 posts...

Hanover Phist
February 12, 2009, 13:41
Well maybe Jen will see this. If not all I can do is post post post! Thanks again.

Hanover Phist
February 12, 2009, 15:16
Been posting like crazy today and I'm a member not a newby. Yea!:D

W.E.G.
February 12, 2009, 15:51
* New Member (Minimum Posts: 0)
* Member (Minimum Posts: 25)
* Senior Member (Minimum Posts: 500)
* Veteran Member (Minimum Posts: 1000)
* Curio & Relic (Minimum Posts: 2000)
* Old Fart (Minimum Posts: 5000)

W.E.G.
February 12, 2009, 16:09
Originally posted by kerplode

Yes. The default user text is determined by post count.

You may be able to change it yourself, however. Try this:
- Click the "user cp" button under the ad banner in the upper right corner of the window
- Click "Profile"
- Scroll down a bit and see if you find a field called "Custom User Text"
- If so, enter your desired user text in the "New Title" field
- Scroll to the bottom and click "Submit Modifications"

I think that to get access to this function, the user generally has to have "contributor" status.

An administrator can override it though. :devil: :skull:

bykerhd
February 12, 2009, 17:00
Hey ! W.E.G.
* Old Fart (Minimum Posts: 5000)

Getting towards time to come up with something new.
There are getting to be quite a few of us past 10,000 and a few, such as yourself, that are WAY, WAY beyond that.:biggrin:

W.E.G.
February 12, 2009, 17:21
OK

10,000 posts gets you "Dinosaur" status.
Or at least I set it up.
Not sure what it takes to make it update in the system for existing +10,000-post members.
It didn't update you automatically when I set up the function. So, I can't vouch for it as actually working.

We'll see if it happens automatically when a user not already using a custom title trips over the 10k mark.

Looks like Andy the Aussie at 9654 posts is the next-most-likey to get updated automatically if the function works the way I understand it.

If you are a Contributor, you can still change it to whatever you want anyway already.

Hanover Phist
February 12, 2009, 23:32
W.E.G. You got mail! Thanks for the help and the chuckle. :rofl: May I also suggest that at 20,000 post you get “Fossil” status and at 50,000 the coveted “Before Dirt” status would be obtained. Just a thought off the top of my head as it were. Thoughts spring from there often…no hair for them to tangled up in. :wink:

L Haney
February 13, 2009, 19:45
Hanover, did you get that username from an animated flic? If so, that was one of my favorite parts of the thing.

Lowell

Abominog
February 14, 2009, 01:00
I'm going to stop before 5000 I don't want to be an old fart.

vmtz
February 14, 2009, 01:06
Don't worry I got an angle.

Fr. Vince

Hanover Phist
February 14, 2009, 01:18
From L Haney: Hanover, did you get that username from an animated flic? If so, that was one of my favorite parts of the thing.

The long answer is...yes! Heavy Metal..."STERN" :redface:!!!!!!!!!!!!! :wink:

vmtz
February 14, 2009, 01:21
I don't know about you but I put it down as a three day fare with one hell of a tip.

Fr. Vince

L Haney
February 14, 2009, 08:43
Originally posted by Hanover Phist

The long answer is...yes! Heavy Metal..."STERN" :redface:!!!!!!!!!!!!! :wink:

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: I was hoping so! Sometimes I'll do the Hanover routine in what my daughter calls my "Drill Sargent" voice. It always cracks her up. She loved the movie too.