PDA

View Full Version : wish list...

dmack
February 05, 2009, 10:40
I'm a lefty and I'm new to the FAL rifle. A buddy let me borrow his FAL and I've fallen in love. (I still haven't given it back yet!) I now have a DSA on order and am like a kid waiting on Christmas.....

Anyway, aside from the ambi safety that DSA offers, are there any other considerations that lefty shooters would like to see offered on the FAL platform?
(ie mag release, bolt hold open)

The AR platform has tons of options and I was wondering from you experienced guys if there are some options you desire that are currently not available. I'm kinda handy in the machining area and was thinking about some doing some upgrade projects especially those that could make it more lefty friendly.

What are some of your wishes???

Thansk,
dmack

chromestarhustler
February 05, 2009, 11:21
belt feed attachment.

dmack
February 05, 2009, 11:42
:smile: ...yeah that would be really something.....kind of like what the Shrike was supposed to be for the AR.....

....i was thinking simpler things.....at least to start with.... :smile:

-dmack

MAINER
February 05, 2009, 11:52
Automatic target acquisition, lock-on and tracking device. Preferably with audible "Lock-on tone" :D

Ok! I'm not a lefty but think an L1A1 type mag release would be handy. Other than a scope, not much inclined to attach Gizzhouchies to a rifle. Monies better spent on mags and ammo.

dmack
February 05, 2009, 13:12
...conjuring up images I once saw of a "tricked out" AR....complete with weather vane!

I'm not familiar with the L1A1 mag release, I'll have to find a pic and take a look....

-dmack