Evolution 45 from Advanced Armament Corp, serial number E45-2639

Cobra 9mm from Yankee Hill Machine, serial number C9-1153

Keep an eye out for them ... :(

kmurphy
February 05, 2009, 23:57
That sucks BIG time...

LtRiker
February 21, 2009, 22:35
did they leave them laying out without keeping an eye on them?
maybe while walking downrange to change a target?

local guy had a rifle and handgun stolen while he was downrange changing his targets...2 guys that were there when he arrived, but began loading to leave shortly after his arrival, he watched them leave while he was downrange, finished his target change, got back to his bench and his guns were gone. Never recovered.

Illurian00
February 22, 2009, 02:05
People ask me why I carry my rifle downrange w/ a mag on me.

Drove up to the range last mont one afternoon, as soon as I start to park some guy gets up , heads down to his target,,,i walk to his bench, a new bolt gun & ammo,,,he comes back,,,says howdy,,,I tell him it's his lucky day. He needed a diagram.I was taught not to leave a gun (&ammo) unattentended.

This part of the country isn't any worse than anywhere else. But nowhere is it getting better. For that matter, the world has ever been dangerous.

From 'wikipedia' re: Plat & Matix ca.1986 :

Background
The FBI agents were investigating a series of violent bank robberies and armored car heists linked to two suspects over a period of six months, which had resulted in the death of one guard. On two occasions, the suspects had driven to remote makeshift target shooting areas in the wilderness and randomly gunned down civilians in order to steal their vehicles. But on the second occasion, their victim survived, enabling him to give the FBI a physical description of two men and report the car they stole from him, a 1979 Chevrolet Monte Carlo. The identities of the two men remained unknown.

charles isaac
February 22, 2009, 07:45
Originally posted by Illurian00
People ask me why I carry my rifle downrange w/ a mag on me.

................................ the suspects had driven to remote makeshift target shooting areas in the wilderness and randomly gunned down civilians in order to steal their vehicles.

Stole their guns too.

I started being more conscious about never firing all the ammo I brought out to the range because of lessons learned from the infamous 1986 FBI "Miami Shootout".

I hope those suppressors are recovered.

prosecond
February 22, 2009, 09:38
I always wear a loaded pistol that I don't intend to fire while out shooting.

dirtyrice
February 22, 2009, 20:44
Me too. Always have one loaded while shooting. I shoot on a private range where most everyone knows most everyone heh.. but yeah still always keep an eye out.

1MOR
February 24, 2009, 13:33
I keep a 9MM on me, out of sight while at the range. RO remains on the firing line during target changes.

jaykden
February 26, 2009, 05:18
i pack when downrange.....

because once a brown bear come lumbering out while i was cheking my targets... it would suck to get mauled at the shooting range..

FAL GRUNT
February 26, 2009, 21:05
The owner states that when he packed up his gear everything was there. A break was taken for lunch. When he arrived home they were missing.

There was another thread similar to this in the General Firearms Discussion.

-myers