PDA

View Full Version : FS base on Ishy .308 off....

Deltaten
January 27, 2009, 14:59
Had the Ishy out at Frozen Nutz. Seems the sight base is tilted a bit.. mebbe 3-4 degrees, to the left; counter clockwise from the shooter's view. THe drift sight is flush on the LS and overhanging on the RS of the base.

Looks like there's a thru pin atop the base that intersects w/the bbl. Is this the only locking point for the FSB?
I'd like to twist the FSB back to TDC to get the sight post slider centered and back into the black w/o holding 12" R at 100 yd!\

ANyone ever have a whack at a twisted Ishy???
I'm thinking a bit of hard solder somewhere not-so noticeable to set it once in place???

WHat say you?
Paul

Survey Punk
January 27, 2009, 15:59
Originally posted by Deltaten
ANyone ever have a whack at a twisted Ishy???
Paul

Yes. Once. And I never got over her. :biggrin:

JB

DYNOMIKE
January 27, 2009, 19:57
Hey Paul~
Mine is a bit tweaked as well and I did TRY to straighten it but got nervous and quit.. My FS Blade is pushed over to the Right too and overhangs some like you describe but I have decided to just live with it.. Figured Ugly is better then BROKEN.. :tongue:

Although by Looking at the F/Sight and it's relationship to the stock it LOOKS twisted and I think it may be the Wood, whatever it is my FS Blade aint worth a pinch of shit if centered in the base...

I think I did install a different Ft sight blade but this ISHY shoots dead on now... In fact I had her out Sunday and with some Handloads I made up she was shootin GREAT!! At 50 yards I had 3 in the X and 2 more a half inch or so out, hell I was so pleased that she goes next range trip too.. :beer: :whiskey:

Rotor
January 29, 2009, 13:40
Shoot it before you mess with it.

If it's like mine the sight is fine. It was my stock that was twisted.

http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a51/Rotor_/Enfield%202A/2006_0831Enf2aClean0031.jpg

Because the forend carries the nosepiece it creates the optical illusion of a twist. I got a new ( and better ) forend from Springfield Sporters and it went right back to the middle.

JR

DYNOMIKE
January 29, 2009, 21:10
Mine looks just like the PIC Rotor posted...

Looks like chit, but SHOOTS GREAT!! :tongue: :beer:

A square 10
February 16, 2009, 21:10
shoot it first - may not be a problem , adjust it if its only a small one , if its way outta whack ----your on your own , buit ill stand behind you with beer in hand and offer encouragement

dogngun
February 24, 2009, 10:07
Mine is a bit to the right, but it shoots right on the centerline of tha target at 50 yards.

Don't whack it yet....

mark

Muggzy
February 24, 2009, 10:23
mine is twisted too.....but shoots the bullseye just fine the way it is. Sure do look funny , though

mosbysmen
February 24, 2009, 11:17
any good 2a websites , like with parts diagrams and such

Muggzy
February 24, 2009, 11:32
Originally posted by mosbysmen
any good 2a websites , like with parts diagrams and such

as you wish http://ssporters.com/springfield_sporters1.htm

part or most of the parts are the same as #1MKIII

Ron Walker
February 24, 2009, 13:24
I've hit Mausers before with out of line FS and occasionaly, a mistimed barrel, throwing the whole thing off. Products of mass production in licensed other countries than Germany usually. The front sight as a unit will be both pinned and soft soldered on, but before you try to adjust, check the zero, then if it's off, proceed. You knock the pin out, soften the solder with a torch, and using plain jawed pliers or a wrench, gently bring it to 12 o'clock. You will have to clean out part of the pin hole with suitable drill bit, reinsert the pin, and you're back in business. Ron