PDA

View Full Version : Para alloy railed Top Cover????

Deltaten
January 26, 2009, 09:16
IIRC, DSA made one of these???
Did anyone else? I would like a TC with the optic rail to replace a funky unit recently added to Shorty.
Any leads welcome.....
Paul

brownknees
January 26, 2009, 09:33
A.R.M.S. #4?
The #3 (non-para) is a really good unit, my favourite.
The #4 has the para configuration.

brownknees
January 26, 2009, 09:56
Here's a pic of mine with a 3~9X40 attached with medium rings. This is the lowest setup I can get with the scope just clearing the top of the rifle.
The only difference between this #3 standard & a #4 para is the addition of a guide rod in the topcover. The rivets you can see at the bottom edge of the topcover is to hold steel rails in place so the reciever/topcover fitting is steel on steel which is supposed to wear better than steel on aluminium.

Deltaten
January 26, 2009, 16:46
THanks B-K !

At $149.99 a copy? I hardly have that in the whole rifle ;) I s'pose I could tweak the one that came in the trade a bit more and se if I can work out the bugs. I'd still need a rail for a dot or lowX scope, tho. Fuggin' peepers just won't cooperate anymore.

I see DSA has alloy railed for $108 and plain steel (no rail ) for $49. The extra 40 bux for A.R.M.S. would be OK IF I knew it was just a bad/wonky TC causing the problem... It *IS* a Hesse rcvr after all LOL.

Hoping that someone, somewhere got one they're not using and I can pick it up at fire-sale price......yeah, right! ;)

I *knew* I shoulda sent that as-new Belgian BC on the deal and kept the known-working RA ! Thataways at least I coulda stuck it back together as full stock without much hassle. As it is. I'll hafta work over another BC anyway..so I might as well deal with the Para.
Time ta break out the new Roto-Zip and tool head! ;)

Ta,
Paul

goodorbit
February 23, 2009, 12:03
Paul,

Don't give up hope. Keep your eye on the board here. A few ARMS mounts have popped out of people's closets recently at $75-$100 a copy.

Will keep an eye peeled for you. :smile:

Deltaten
February 24, 2009, 09:02
AT this point in diagnosis; it seems to be that the BC is way outta spec. I'll hafta do a comparison of a known-good Belgian and the new para.

I will keep an eye peeled too:D thanks for the spare set ;)

best,
Paul