PDA

View Full Version : What are the FAL 50.41/42 bipod parts?

obremski
January 24, 2009, 16:03
Hi there,

I got a new (ish), unfired 50.41 FALO a few years ago...mostly complete, but without box. By "mostly complete", I mean it had the bipod and magazine, but it was apparently missing the bipod retaining ring. I finally got around to correcting that, but...well, what holds in the bipod retaining ring :confused:

It looks as if there must be some sort of spring behind it, so it locks the bipod from flopping all around...and that you could push it back, to swivel the bipod around and off if you needed to?

Unfortunatly I can't find a schematic or parts list for a complete FALO for the life of me anywhere :( All the ones I found were for Izzy HBARs...and their bipod retaining system was different than FN's. Anyone have any ideas?

It would be really nice to finally get this rifle complete :D

Thanks!

Mosin Guy
January 24, 2009, 19:59
http://www.fnfal.com/falfiles/images/falexp.gif

obremski
January 25, 2009, 10:40
That helps but only partially...it's not exactily easy to see, nor does it give me part names. It looks like there's some kind of collar? Does it just slip on, or is it held on in some other manner?

Hm, now to try and find one of those, too...

Thanks!

J. Armstrong
January 25, 2009, 11:32
Yep, a collar, then a horseshoe clip to hold it all together. Good luck, this stuff isn't real common !!

Lee Carpentieri
January 29, 2009, 16:24
Go to gun broker and type in this auction number if you don't have this part your bipod won't stay on. Its pictured in the schematic Mosin Guy posted.
Fal Files member EX-1 can get you both parts also if you need them. Lee.

Fal Belgium Bipod Retaining Ring New -F3 Auction # 121699989

obremski
February 01, 2009, 20:51
Hi Lee,

Actually, I ordered that part from her previous auction :) The problem is I don't have the horseshoe spring/retainer for that part. The ring itself has nothing holding it to the bipod or barrel, it's loose without the retaining clip...

G_FAL
February 06, 2009, 23:02
As mentioned previously , check with EX1 .
If he cannot fix you up , then you might check with mountainman and see if he will make you one. He has made some in the past.

obremski
February 11, 2009, 12:12
Ah! I'm sorry, I misunderstood. I didn't realize there were two seperate things being referenced; that's what I get for skimming and not reading.

Thanks much for the help!!