PDA

View Full Version : Suppressor for FS2000?

larphred
January 23, 2009, 20:07
I have a friend who has an FS2000 and he's thinking of suppressing it before Obamanation goes too far. Has anybody heard of a suppressor that will fit. It is somewhat problematic due to the pinned on muzzle device. Am looking for something that was either made for this carbine or that can be easily adapted, without cutting barrel.

T210driver
January 23, 2009, 22:00
Originally posted by larphred
I have a friend who has an FS2000 and he's thinking of suppressing it before Obamanation goes too far. Has anybody heard of a suppressor that will fit. It is somewhat problematic due to the pinned on muzzle device. Am looking for something that was either made for this carbine or that can be easily adapted, without cutting barrel.

I haven't found a way other than to remove the brake and replace with an adapter appropriate to the supressor you are going to use. I hope someone has found otherwise. In a vague memory I think I read that someone made a "small" modification to the brake and was able to use a supressor that normally mounts to an AR birdcage type brake/FH, but I have not been able to recover that info.

Derace

larphred
January 23, 2009, 22:40
Thank you again Derace. You have provided a wealth of info for me recently and that certainly has been appreciated.

Artful
January 25, 2009, 22:55
There are several companies that tried to use the standard NATO flashider as the indexing part for the suppressor to mount too but from what I gathered, there were to many inconsistent ones to make sure the bore and the suppressor were aligned.

For what it's worth - SRT offers one still
http://www.srtarms.com/AtlasUniversal.htm

larphred
January 26, 2009, 12:15
Thanks Artful. I called SRT and was told that the suppressor in question would fit the earlier FS200, but the new models have a longer flash hider and will probably not fit.