PDA

View Full Version : My new CMP Garand arrived today-Sweet!

Heat
January 22, 2009, 00:33
Fed/ex showed up before 10AM with my overnight delivery--has a new stock (per my request) with new parked metal buttplate and bands and I will zero it tomorrow despite the cold weather (true sign of a gun-nut)..these M1's have to be one of the best deals going..I havent gotten a crappy one yet and they all shoot like the devil--thanks John C. Garand!

http://i42.tinypic.com/n391zr.jpg

Survey Punk
January 22, 2009, 09:23
Pow, pow, pow, pow, pow, pow, pow, pow*PING*! :bow:
http://www.garandflash.com/

JB

lew
January 22, 2009, 11:02
Nice rifle. Sweet shooters, they are.

1MOR
January 22, 2009, 17:35
Congrats! Did ya score some of the CMP Greek ammo?

Heat
January 22, 2009, 23:50
Originally posted by 1MOR
Congrats! Did ya score some of the CMP Greek ammo?

Yes! I have been adding to the pile whenever I can..shot reloaded greek today..it grouped very well..applied some true-oil today to brighten up the stock

Azraphaelus
January 23, 2009, 20:38
Nice rifle, that new stock could use a good coat (or three) of linseed...had to do that with mine, brought out some nice tiger striping in the wood.

Heat
January 23, 2009, 23:21
Originally posted by Azraphaelus
Nice rifle, that new stock could use a good coat (or three) of linseed...had to do that with mine, brought out some nice tiger striping in the wood.

Yep, just applied the third coat of tru-oil tonight..really highlights the grain and yes, tigerstripes--shot it again today as well--cycles great, all shots well within the target--now I am going to load some A-Max bullets and see if I can tweak the accuracy a little more

SID325
January 24, 2009, 10:38
I just received my Garand yesterday a correct grade HRA. Very nice, beautiful bore.

Sid

moses
January 25, 2009, 18:57
Yep you gotta love the Garands! I have one of each and actually 3 Springfileds but I want more! So much history, kinda gives me goose bumps every time I hold one. :bow:

Heat
January 25, 2009, 22:18
I have a total of 4 coats of Tru-Oil on my Garand now..looks fantastic..question is..if I apply a few more coats will it improve anymore or is there a point were you really cant get anymore out of it..I would post another pic but the resolution on my old digi camera is quite low..need a new, higher pixel camera

Snake Bitten
February 15, 2009, 17:51
I know how you feel. I was lucky to get one of the HRA Specials they offered last November. :D SB

TerryN
February 15, 2009, 20:56
Originally posted by Heat
I have a total of 4 coats of Tru-Oil on my Garand now..looks fantastic..question is..if I apply a few more coats will it improve anymore or is there a point were you really cant get anymore out of it..I would post another pic but the resolution on my old digi camera is quite low..need a new, higher pixel camera

If you keep adding Tru-Oil, eventually you can achieve a completely filled, very glossy, furniture-type of finish that looks very pretty. Not authentic for an M1, but hey, it's your rifle now - make it the way you like it!