PDA

View Full Version : GALIL

farmer2010
January 21, 2009, 20:59
ASKing about century Galil 223 these any good of a gun, looked at one today kind of liked it . it was brand new. what to look for on these guns befor buying one whats the going price, just asking, i did read one time there was a atf warning on some.

Timber Wolf
January 22, 2009, 07:48
Check over on the AK Files in the Galil area for the review of mine last year. I really like it although I have not shot it a lot yet. Mine does not appear to have any problems but you can find an awful lot of negative press about them on the web. Hey, it's a Century product, pay your money and take your chances. I would not buy one from somewhere I could not return it and get some help if there was a problem. As to price they are around the $600 range with bayonet lug, maybe less without. Do a Google search that includes the word "Goloni" with "Century", "rifle", etc. and read all you find. Good luck, they are interesting weapons. P.S., mags are pricey but well built. Line some up quick if you jump on the rifle.

hagar
January 22, 2009, 08:21
Supposedly the ORF receivers were not good, althought I have one and the one magazine I shot through it, it worked fine. The newer ones have a different receiver, and it may or may not be better. I just bought another one from J&G, at this price it is a bargain.

mountainman
January 22, 2009, 16:07
think about $650 for unparked parts kit. But expect to have to do some work.

farmer2010
January 22, 2009, 17:08
yeah it look good felt nice, i have a century fal tho, been working on maybe just spend that money on it, they had $780 on the galil fixed bird cage flash no lug, folder tho, I like the fal tho it still looks like a work horse war gun, i got a good bit tied up in the fal. IT still looks like it come out of a war, ADDED a complet none marked low RA I think no markings other than eched RA#### was trying to figure out what a aluminum tag inside the pistal grip that has a #2 in it mean's, only marking's iv seen, it has a real long black stock, the gun is a carbine 16.5 threaded LH metric front gas block britt sand cut bolt,inch big tab mags only WHAT would that tag inside the grip mean that says #2