PDA

View Full Version : K31 barreled action value?

lew
January 19, 2009, 10:47
Howdy,

Got meself a K31 barreled action complete with bolt, trigger assembly, action screws, and the bottom metal. In other words, everything except the stock, magazine, and barrel bands. The metal's in ~90% condition.

How much do ya think this could fetch?

I was going to turn it into a tacticool sniper rifle, but money is needed elsewhere and I don't feel like stocking another caliber.

Manedwolf
January 19, 2009, 12:19
Well less than $100. The complete rifles are still just slightly over $200, and they lose a lot of value if they're not all serials matching. Also, the magazines are $70, so if you're missing that, you're missing a lot. And I don't know where someone could get a stock for that.

lew
January 19, 2009, 15:45
I actually have two stocks- one walnut, the other laminated, both are unfinished- for the rifle. Both are sporter-style stocks. They're going, too.

DYNOMIKE
January 19, 2009, 20:00
Lew,
Unfortunately yer missing some important stuff...
Complete rifles depending on stock wood IE: Beech, or Walnut are selling for $200.00-$300.00..
Since the Mags were not really intended to be removed they are scarce and pricey (Much more so than an ENFIELD mag for example)..
Finding a Decent stock would prolly be dooable but again the Bands might ad even more to the restoration costs..

Here is a good example of what your up against.. Note the Comments made at the top of the page...

http://www.tngunparts.com/k312.htm

When someone can buy a complete rifle for $200.00 it may be tough to sell the action unless sold for parts..
Good luck though, for the right person it may just be perfect??

lew
January 19, 2009, 21:40
Parting out is a definite possibility. I didn't pay too much, so I'll likely make my money back, by the looks of it. Thanks guys.