PDA

View Full Version : L1A1 trigger pull

andrewh
January 18, 2009, 13:48
I have an inch lower & the trigger pull is horrrrrible!
Does anybody know if the U.S. made HTS from Gunthings would improve trigger pull.
Or should I just get a metric lower and install Falcon Arms HTS and spring reduction kit?
Also, where can I get some INCH magazines.
Thank you.

hagar
January 18, 2009, 17:41
I like everything about the L1A1 better than the Fal except the triggers. I have FSE triggers on 2 of my L1A1's, and they suck. I also have standard British military triggers, and they suck just as bad. Long, creepy, gritty and break at about 10-12 pounds.

I have one DSA, one FSE and one Century trigger on my metrics, and they are all pretty good. The Century especially breaks nice and clean at about 5 pounds, the other 2 at about 6.

Unfortunately I don't think you can swap inch and metric trigger parts.:mad:

MAINER
January 18, 2009, 18:24
You might try one of these. While you are replacing it, polishing the slot the rod slides thru is a good idea.
I was not happy with the Falcon HTS as received. It polishes up up pretty good if you got the stones.

http://falconarms.com/xcart/product.php?productid=218

Don't know how good these are but; scroll down.

http://www.northridgeinc.com/sp_mags.htm

W.E.G.
January 18, 2009, 21:46
My L1A1 trigger was teh suk until I polished the trigger return-plunger shaft.

Take a look at it with a magnifier. You will likely see a bunch of ripples that are a byproduct of the manufacturing process. Polish those ripples out, and you'll see a big improvement.

Para Driver
January 19, 2009, 21:53
Originally posted by W.E.G.
My L1A1 trigger was teh suk until I polished the trigger return-plunger shaft.

Take a look at it with a magnifier. You will likely see a bunch of ripples that are a byproduct of the manufacturing process. Polish those ripples out, and you'll see a big improvement.

photo?

W.E.G.
January 19, 2009, 21:57
Originally posted by Para Driver

photo?

Sorry, that's one pic I didn't get during my tuning.

Its just a trigger plunger. If you have one you're working on, run your fingernail along it. You'll feel the ripples that translate into a "gritty" trigger pull.