PDA

View Full Version : U.S.F.A SAA info please

Gunny71
January 17, 2009, 13:52
I picked one of these up today for a decent price. Its used, but just barely.
Any one around here have one, and if so is there anything out of the ordinary to be aware of? I think the fit and finish is good, and its well made. If It turns out to be a decent shooter I may try to "age" it. Any one here tried this before?
Thanks,
Gunny

brunop
January 17, 2009, 17:36
Best factory single-action revolver made in the world. Waiting list is kinda long, so congratulations on the 'find', the price, and the wait.

I'd just use it and let it age naturally.

Peace.

K.O.A.M.
January 17, 2009, 19:49
They make some nice stuff. I'd buy that over a recently made Colt.

pjpjr
January 17, 2009, 21:37
I own 3 of the Rodeo models in 45LC and they are the best made SAA clone anywhere! Fit and finish rivals anything manufactured today.

Chipmunk
January 17, 2009, 22:04
Howdy Gunny,
You probably already know this......
Load one, skip one, load four leaves
an empty under the hammer.

:biggrin:
Chipmunk

Gunny71
January 17, 2009, 23:01
Thanks for the info. This is a "rodeo" as well. Didn't know that untill I googled it some. I cant wait to shoot it. I knew the loading procedure and followed it with a .22 revolver, but this is my first centerfire revolver, and first dealings with the .45 long colt. I had no Idea how much longer the round is than the .45ACP.
My LGS also had an Uberti, and I almost got it instead. It was new, and about 75 bucks cheaper, but man it sure was pretty. After reading some reviews, I am glad I went with the U.S.F.A. I have read some on loading BP rounds, that sounds cool as hell to me!

patrick kelly
January 29, 2009, 17:28
Here's mine.

http://www.pbase.com/image/87930533/large.jpg

Great shooter, excellent quality.