PDA

View Full Version : Garand clip question

hagar
January 13, 2009, 15:55
I found a strange clip, it is silver colored instead of the usual black park, and on the back, in a triangle, it is stamped "L M R" or "L M B" (it is hard to see). I know LMR made barrels, but never heard of them making clips. Are these rare or have any special value?

2barearms
January 13, 2009, 19:57
Could be a 'BMB' Beretta.

hagar
January 13, 2009, 20:11
No, it is definitely LMB. Checked it out with a magnifying glass.

tn hp
January 13, 2009, 21:59
Several years ago, there was a guy who had a business known as Grandpa's Garands. He sold M1 clips that had been nickled. These looked like "brushed" nickle. They were sold in a set of 5. Two were "regular" 8 round clips, two were modified to hold only two (2) rounds and one was a "sled" clip designed to allow single loading of rounds in slow fire stages.

You clip could be one of these. A friend of mine bought me a set for a present. I still have them and they do work.

MAINER
January 15, 2009, 10:24
Originally posted by hagar
I found a strange clip, it is silver colored instead of the usual black park, and on the back, in a triangle, it is stamped "L M R" or "L M B" (it is hard to see). I know LMR made barrels, but never heard of them making clips. Are these rare or have any special value?

I'm thinking they're BLM. That would be Barry L Miller Engineering Inc. Irvine, Ca.

Have some of these, no special value as far as I know, but I'm not a collector.
Mine are just regular black oxide finish.

gunseller
January 18, 2009, 13:54
There has been several companies that have sold nickeled endblock clips for M1s. Ther are some people that want everything they have to be nickeled or chromed. I have a few that I picked up somewhere. They work but I see them when they eject where I do not see the black ones.
Steve