PDA

View Full Version : has anyone built a VZ58 on a ohio rapid fire receiver? HELP!!

detroit360
January 12, 2009, 17:12
I,m having a fit trying to figure out what the problem is with the trigger group on my orf receiver, after a lot of filing to the extreme on the disconnectot and safety switch I finally got the the parts to fit,now the bolt carrier will not clear the disconnector or the sear, and its off by a lot, no amount of filing is going to correct this problem, I called orf and talked to a rep. and he says there have been no problems, and couldn,t understand what could be wrong, I have been over and over my assemble and I have done it right, is it me , or what???? Does any one have any suggestions on what the hell is wrong here ?? does any one else have a problem with this, are the pin holes in the right place ??any help would surely be appreciated !!

brunop
January 12, 2009, 17:27
Originally posted by detroit360
...I called orf and talked to a rep. and he says there have been no problems, and couldn,t understand what could be wrong...

Surely someone will be along shortly to say that they've heard that story before...

Good luck with your project, and

Peace.

detroit360
January 15, 2009, 21:36
Talked to the rep. again, and he was very nice , and told me to send the gun and parts back and he will see what is wrong, I thought that was pretty good service, I might end up looking sort of stupid, we,ll see.

GrrArgh
January 16, 2009, 06:58
Keep us posted, I'm interested in building one of these also. How tough was it to pop the barrel out of the trunnion on the kit?

Court in Fl
January 16, 2009, 11:41
Check this site for help with your VZ58.

http://www.projectguns.com/

This is a friend of mine who just set up shop in Boca Raton.

Court in FL.

detroit360
January 17, 2009, 21:37
Thanks for the info Court, I appreciate it!! as for pressing the old barrel out I have a 20 ton press I bought from harbor frieght for pressing barrels when I built some AK,s. The old barrel came out fairly easy on the vz 58 trunnion, but when I pressed the barrel back into the new orf receiver it was really hairy, it was really tight and went in, but remember you have to end up at 12 oclock, and be in the right place for proper head spacing, not easy to do, especially if the barrel doesn.t slide smoothly like mine, I would put a lot of pressure and it finally give with a bang and move a little, so when you get near to where you are suppose to stop, and you get that final pop, luckily I ended up just right. Also I didn,t use orf,s special tool for pressing the barrel in so I had to shim the back of the receiver which is slanted so that made it all the harder. I highly recomend there tool for this job, and don,t forget to put the gas piston stop in, good luck if you build it, if you have a few extra bucks I would have it built, I love the challenge, I think ??!!