PDA

View Full Version : rebarrel sks

ActionYobbo
January 11, 2009, 23:06
I am thinking of rebarreling my sks. any one here done that. do you know of a site like that FALFILES that deals with the sks. I was thinking of 9x39 (.358 cal)

flame on

added..

I have a yugo . Is the barrel left or right thread and what is the thread. I assume its going to be metric

what twist rate 35 cal barrel do i need to stabilise a 250 grain projectile at @950 fps.

any one got a 35 cal barrel they want to trade

easttex
January 12, 2009, 00:51
Nope, you're fine. I've thought of doing that myself with my Norinco SKS. My thoughts though were to rebarrel to a true .310 diameter barrel so I could wring a little more accuracy out of the gun. However, the barrel on mine is pressed and pinned in place and I don't have a shop with a press to take it apart and reassemble it. I do not see why a guy with enough free time and the proper tools couldn't rebarrel a SKS though. Numrich has the gas port reamer you'd need.

My real concern about rebarreling a SKS to a different caliber would be making it feed. These rifle are custom built around around the 7.62x39 and I'm not sure what else would feed smoothly though these. You wouldn't want to expend all that effort for a jam-o-matic would you?

Illurian00
January 12, 2009, 01:24
try :

http://www.sksboards.com/smf/index.php

The 358 is longer and operates at higher pressure I believe,,,good luck.....

chromestarhustler
January 12, 2009, 08:52
i thought about a sks in 7.62x25. shorten gas tube and op rod and enlarge the gas port for a longer pulse to operate a lightened bolt on a shorter stroke. weld pssh mag well to bottom of receiver. pistol grip folding stock. now i need a beat to turd sks and a 7.62x25 chamber adapter

gunplumber
January 12, 2009, 11:45
Originally posted by chromestarhustler
i thought about a sks in 7.62x25.

That would be interesting. A PPSh43 stretch.