PDA

View Full Version : ORF VZ-58 trigger problems, big time!!!!!

detroit360
January 06, 2009, 23:52
I bought a ORF receiver and there trigger group, these parts in no way work, first I had to file all the parts to the extreme limit ( don,t know if the will hold up), then the little piece that goes from the trigger to the sear won,t clear the bolt carrier , the carrier just slams right into it, WTF !!!This was suppose to be a drop in deal, no way, any one have the same trouble, I,m pissed!! please comment !!

ActionYobbo
January 06, 2009, 23:58
what gun are we building here??

detroit360
January 07, 2009, 01:36
a vz56

detroit360
January 07, 2009, 01:58
Sorry , a VZ58

dirtyrice
January 07, 2009, 02:54
I've yet to mess with a vz58. But um if something was wrong why did you file the crap out of the parts? That probably ruined any chance of getting a refund.

detroit360
January 07, 2009, 08:11
I did it because it is the only way to make it work, plus others said you have to fit it, these parts don,t even begin to fit, I have another reciver that I,m going to compare it to, meybe the holes for the pins are off ??

detroit360
February 04, 2009, 06:10
oupWell I wonder if I'm getting old and senile?? `I called ohio rapid fire and talked to a guy`named Rodney about my problem and after an explaination that the trigger group just wasn't going to fit, he said send the barreled receiver to him and he will check it out, confident that I was right and there was some thing wrong some where I said sure, he was very nice about the hole thing. I called yesterday and he told me that he popped the trigger group right in, I was floored to say the least. This should have been relatively easy for me to do on my own. Not to brag, but I have built race car engines from the bare block numerous times in my life, auto tranmissions, a 63 Valiant from the literal ground up that turned 121/2 in the quarter mile, 3 fals 4 ak's and a hakim all which worked perfect the first time, ( I have to thank the guys on fal forums for help with the fals in all honestly, ) I can't wait to see what the F--- this tigger group going to look like. Ohio rapid fire only charged me return shipping for this, I guess Rodney felt sorry for me old self. I guess I'm over the frikkin hill , any how Ohio rapid fire is a first class operation, will let you all know what I see was the problem when I get the gun Fri.

Deltaten
February 04, 2009, 08:56
..but, did he say what the problem was????

please let us know how it worked out.

detroit360
February 10, 2009, 06:38
O.k. here goes!!! First I,m a dumbass, I could't see the forest thru the tree,s. For some reason I tried to put the disconnector on top of the safety switch, would you believe that !!??. I looked at the different build tutorials and to me it looked like the damn disconnector was on top, or that,s what got in my head. Let me say right now ORF treated me very good, after I bad mouthed there product, I owe them an apology, thats now done. I got the gun back and I finished putting it together, and IT"S A RUNNING SON OF A BITCH !!! it shoots a 30 round clip with out a hicup,no problems at all, and I,m a happy son of a bitch!! ORF has a great reciever and a great trigger group, also a great bunch of nice people who work there, thats all thats to it.

detroit360
February 10, 2009, 20:31
P.S. the disconnector goes under the safety switch.

detroit360
February 19, 2009, 19:32
doesn't any one have any thing to say!!

DYNOMIKE
February 19, 2009, 19:49
I might have said something but I got SKEERED I might screw it up so I sent mine off to be built.. :tongue:

Will share what I am able when it's done, but I can say I am looking forward to it.. :beer:

Owatode
February 19, 2009, 20:12
I had a heck of a time figuring the fcg out. There wasn't much for info, just pics. finally figured it out and it works great. Going to put together 3 more (have 3 $50.00 CFS kits left). Just waiting for 2 more receivers & compliance kits form a group buy on gunboards.

detroit360
February 19, 2009, 21:58
Thanks guys, I guess I wasn't alone, the pictures and such were not much help, thats for sure!!

motosapien
February 20, 2009, 07:07
Of all my builds, the one that took the most head scratchin was the pivot pin on my polish under folder stock. Got it together fine though without reaching for the "adjuster or persuader".