PDA

View Full Version : H/T/S for new DSA StG 58c ?

OldLawman
January 06, 2009, 12:47
I recently picked up a brand new DSA StG 58c as a companion to one I picked last year. I replaced the H/S/T unit in the older gun with a set from FSE (sadly no longer available), and love it.

Since the FSE set is no longer available, I picked up a trigger pull reduction spring kit from Falcon. Should I also get Falcon's H/S/T set ?

Does anyone know, or have an idea where DSA gets theirs when they build an StG 58 ? Since the entire gun was built by DSA, do they use surplus Austrian parts, or new ones ?

ostrobothnian
January 06, 2009, 13:03
Originally posted by OldLawman
Does anyone know, or have an idea where DSA gets theirs when they build an StG 58 ? Since the entire gun was built by DSA, do they use surplus Austrian parts, or new ones ?

:uhoh: :uhoh: :uhoh: Do not ask Gunplumber!!!

OldLawman
January 06, 2009, 13:09
Sounds like there is some history here I don't know about.

Don't know if I want to, either...just looking for some info.

If someone wants to email me off-forum and explain, I'd be happy to listen.

MAINER
January 08, 2009, 11:59
While DSA does use surplus Austrian parts in building their STG58 series, I believe the HTS sets are US made, but not positive about this. Did you look for any markings on the trigger parts?

Are you not happy with the trigger on your new DSA? I'm also a fan of FSE's trigger sets, wish I'd ordered a bunch.

FWIW, I was disappointed with the Falcon HTS I bought. They claim to be drop-in and go sets, but mine was roughly finished. Several hours of grinding and smoothing turned out a nice trigger. This was a year ago so they may be improved by now.

No idea where to get a decent trigger group right now.

OldLawman
January 08, 2009, 12:04
I have not had the chance to take apart, look at, and lubricate the new gun, so I don't know about the markings. (I generally email while I am at work, so I can't run down to the gun safe to check right now).

That having been said, the trigger on the older one, with the FSE trigger set, is much, much better. Guess I am a little spoiled by the trigger on the old FAL, not to mention the triggers on my Garands. (Yeah, I know - almost no FAL will have as good a trigger as a good Garand ). I was just doing a little research.

I too wish I had the foresight to order a spare FSE set.

Arizona Highlander
January 09, 2009, 13:05
Originally posted by MAINER
FWIW, I was disappointed with the Falcon HTS I bought. They claim to be drop-in and go sets, but mine was roughly finished. Several hours of grinding and smoothing turned out a nice trigger. This was a year ago so they may be improved by now.

I just bought a Falcon HTS set back in November, and they were still rough cast items that produced a gawd-awful trigger pull.

I did some stoning on the engagement points, but my skills are obviously inferior to those of MAINER's, as the improvement was nothing to crow about. When I get up the gumption, I suppose I'll take it apart again and have another go at it.

I know nothing about the quality of the DSA HTS sets, but based on my own experience, I'm not that crazy about the units from Falcon.

gunnut1
January 11, 2009, 20:12
Originally posted by OldLawman
Sounds like there is some history here I don't know about.

Don't know if I want to, either...just looking for some info.

If someone wants to email me off-forum and explain, I'd be happy to listen.

It is long story and quite frankly, I really don't care what GP has to say about DSA. I just ordered a HTS set from DSA. I threw a FSE set in the trash and will never use them again.

DSA ar the best I have never had a set cause hammer follow or had any other kinds of the problems you will experiance with FSE. I can't really speaj for the Falcon set.

Get DSA. You will never look back.