PDA

View Full Version : what to do with 8" of barrel

ActionYobbo
January 05, 2009, 22:07
I have several 8" sections of 30 cal barrel left over. I am looking for a way to use them. make a pistol or something. any sugestions? I am looking for some plans of something to make. I thought about making a little canon or a double deringer or a single shot pistol.

bykerhd
January 05, 2009, 22:31
You could make up some single shot or even double barrel muzzle loading pistols. I always wanted to build an over under side lock. Maybe even a turn barrel along the lines of the old Hopkins and Allen rifles of 30 or so years back.
Never had the tools, space, time, know-how, ambition, etc. to actually do it.:biggrin:

ActionYobbo
January 05, 2009, 23:06
I have a few barrel sections and I was thinking 4 barrel pistol in 32 S&W would make a good fun toy.

airsmithy
January 08, 2009, 03:40
You might look at doing a short barrel build on a PPSH41 or PPS 43... chamber them in 7.63 mouser and shoot 7.62x25... with a pps 43 you can weld the stock closed, and its a pistol... have to cut down the barrel shroud a bit though...

Let us know what you end up doing,

Dave

lngnmn
January 08, 2009, 19:14
30 carbine liberator.

ggiilliiee
January 09, 2009, 10:46
gatlin .....what else ???

akabaron
January 10, 2009, 07:51
I had a piece of a barrel off an old pellet gun and one day made a cannon out of it. Set it up with some nice wheels, drilled a nice cannon fuse hole and loaded it up with about 8g of 3f black powder and packed a pellet in it. Dam thing would shoot clear through a steel trash can and beyond. This was probably 30yrs ago, wish i knew what I did with that thing. It was a blast