PDA

View Full Version : How to remove carry handle ?

OldLawman
January 04, 2009, 16:37
Just picked up a new DSA StGc and want to remove the carry handle - it doesn't do a thing for me.

Tried a search, but didn't find anything. Looked at the FN book supplied with the gun, and no help there either.

Thanks.

brownknees
January 04, 2009, 16:48
The nut at the rear of the gas tube needs to be un-screwed.
The extension of the nut is the pivot for the carry handle.

Pluribus
January 04, 2009, 16:54
Maybe this will help.

http://www.falfiles.com/forums/search.php?s=&action=showresults&searchid=1473029&sortby=lastpost&sortorder=descending

:wink:

OldLawman
January 04, 2009, 16:54
Can I use the gas cylinder wrench to unscrew the gas tube nut, or is there another tool better suited to the job ?

brownknees
January 04, 2009, 17:10
No problem, it's the perfect tool for the job.:beer:

OldLawman
January 04, 2009, 17:55
Thanks for all the help, guys.

ByronF
January 04, 2009, 19:14
Maybe a decade ago I made a super-sexy slot-filler (not THAT kind) from a chunk of barstock. Blended to fit the contour of the receiver with a hole drilled in it. That's when I was all sleek and tactical. Now I'm fat and slow and don't figure on living past the first 20-rd magazine if the SHTF so I put the handles back on. I figure with a handle my cumba's can drag my dead ass away for a decent diesel fuel pyre while toting my beloved. Otherwise I'm sure I'll be left for the buzzards because my raffle is worth more than my dressed out carcass (although I do think I'm well marbled and corn fed).

OldLawman
January 04, 2009, 19:44
I am guessing that I don't need a spacer or filler once I remove the handle.

Am I correct ?

It may look weird, but just wondering.

jeffrey
January 04, 2009, 20:02
You don't need it, but they do make a washer to fill the slot when the handles removed.

alphadog58
January 06, 2009, 13:28
You can use a piece of 3/8" neoprene fuel line for a super cheapo filler. Looks good from 3 feet away.

Larry