PDA

View Full Version : Needed: L1A1 barrel parkerized, just a the barrel

sturmgrenadiere
January 03, 2009, 16:01
I need a barrel parkerized. Any of you fellas with a home sandblaster and park tank (or shop quality stuff) planning to do any refinishing soon? If so, can you blast and drop my barrel in the tank for a reasonable fee for your trouble? I used to do this myself in a former life (i.e. pre-marital), but right now I don't have the means to do it myself.

I have an FU marked Aussie barrel. FU would fall in the date range that was just prior to chrome lining the bores. But darn it if this one looks to be chrome lined, little ring at the muzzle and all. In fact I am certain it is. However, the easiest way for me to confirm to to simply repark it (which it needs anyway). The park won't take to the chrome... Yeah, I can try the cold blue method and all that, but I have never had much luck seeing a difference with that and the barrel needs to be blasted and refinished anyway.

Regards

Ben

Survey Punk
January 03, 2009, 19:04
Howdy Ben,
Had this guy do an M1 for cheap and it was a great job. A barrel would be nothing. http://www.shuffsparkerizing.com/
hope youze guys had a good Christmas and a have me two beers!

Jim

MC kid dropped a Harrier just outside CP the other day.You hear about it?

sturmgrenadiere
January 03, 2009, 19:54
Jim

Great to hear from you.

Yes, I am familiar with the loss of the Harrier and pilot. Unfortunate. I did not know him, but while a shitty thing to happen ever, it is especially sad during the holidays.

Falfegnügen
January 03, 2009, 20:13
I can do it, but may be a week or so, still can't use my right arm. I'm getting ready to do a couple for a C1A1 and L2A1 build, so not problem getting them in there

Are you sure you want to try and park the bore?

sturmgrenadiere
January 03, 2009, 20:56
I was initially concerned about that; if it isn't lined, then the bore gets parked. But in that event, it will shoot out... Does it compromise the true surface of the bore, yes. But it is not a brand new barrel and appears to have had some use. So for a shooter, I am not too worried (which is contrary to my usual anal approach to this sort of thing). And if it is indeed lined, then it won't matter because the bore will remain in its current state.

Thanks for the offer, I'll PM you.

JohnnyReb
January 03, 2009, 21:12
I can do it for you too. I have rubber plugs for the barrel too. Some say that plugging the barrel isn't necessary, but I'm just picky I guess.

http://www.ramairfreight.com/jon/Imbels/Imbels%20014.jpg

Falfegnügen
January 04, 2009, 02:12
Originally posted by sturmgrenadiere
...Thanks for the offer, I'll PM you.

Just let me know. No chance this is for an 8L C1A1 is it?

sturmgrenadiere
January 04, 2009, 14:50
In this case, no need to plug the bore; that's the point to see if the park sticks or not to tell if this is chrome lined.

Thanks fellas. and no, this one is not for any C1A1 builds. It will probably become my spare if chrome lined.