PDA

View Full Version : FR8 stripper clips?

wkendwarrior2003
January 01, 2009, 20:04
I'm interested in getting a military bolt action rifle in 7.62 NATO (.308), probably an FR8 (or maybe a Mauser that's been rebarreled to 7.62). The only thing is I want to be able to load using stripper clips, I don't want to have to load each round singly by hand.

Does anybody know where to find original stripper clips for the FR8?

sgoodroe
January 01, 2009, 21:20
good luck finding and FR8, or an FR7 for that mater... you may have better luck finding an Isreli K98. in any case standard mauser stipper clips will work fine.

sgoodroe
January 01, 2009, 21:24
also watch out for spanish civil gaurd, and chilian 1895's maked NATO, the small ring actions realy arn't strong enough for comercial .308.... they'll fire it, but they weren't made for it (same with the FR7).

wkendwarrior2003
January 01, 2009, 21:50
Originally posted by sgoodroe
good luck finding and FR8, or an FR7 for that mater... you may have better luck finding an Isreli K98. in any case standard mauser stipper clips will work fine.

They still pop up on GB from time to time. It's more a matter of having the cash in hand when they do.

sgoodroe
January 02, 2009, 12:05
I wish I had grabbed one when they were still cheep:cry:

StoneyCreekMrMauser
January 02, 2009, 13:14
If you get an FR-7 or another small ring Mauser, you'll need different clips. 03 Springfield clips will interchange with M93/95 models. The older guns had a wider charger slot than the later M98s. Springfieldsporters.com has some.

NATO 7.62 clips will work sometimes since they are pretty close to '03 Springers, YMMV. Good luck on the search!

sgoodroe
January 02, 2009, 19:05
Originally posted by StoneyCreekMrMauser
If you get an FR-7 or another small ring Mauser, you'll need different clips.

dam, I though I was only only one that knew that:D all hail mauser!!

StoneyCreekMrMauser
January 02, 2009, 22:22
Experience is a fine teacher, but a rough one! (Okay, so I didn't bleed myself on the clips. That AK safety, however...:redface: )

sgoodroe
January 03, 2009, 13:32
Originally posted by StoneyCreekMrMauser
(Okay, so I didn't bleed myself on the clips. That AK safety, however...:redface: )

ok, I need to hear this story.....

StoneyCreekMrMauser
January 04, 2009, 12:01
That Yugo's safety is a little crisp on the edges. Several times while racking the charging handle, my thumb has whacked the tabs on the safety and resulted in a few bleeding knuckles. FWIW, I've fried my hands on the receiver during rapid fire as well.

I'm thinking I might need gloves or I need to do a little work with an emory board. Bloody fun gun to shoot, though, and Barnaul isn't terribly expensive!:D

sgoodroe
January 04, 2009, 12:38
:smile: least thats an easy fix:smile:

motosapien
January 12, 2009, 19:10
My FR-8 works with 8mm strippers, at least the ones on my Yugo stuff. I thought they must have been Aussie ones but those are too wide. It makes sense, the rifles were most likely 8mm before they converted them to 7.62. I got it here in the marketplace and zinc parked it. Modified the front sight with a RCBS decapping pin and it shoots into 2" at 100 yds.