PDA

View Full Version : izzy hts

pistol5
December 28, 2008, 11:09
Gentlemen, Have found some izzy marked hammers and am confused on the interchangibilty of these and standard metric hammers, as well as the triggers and sears-not contemplating using them in izzy lowers, just whether they are legitimate spares for standard metric parts. My search on the matter has yielded mixed results. Thanks for any assistance. Wendell

vmtz
December 28, 2008, 11:13
Standard metric.

Fr. Vince

pistol5
December 28, 2008, 13:28
Thanks for your answer sir, but I'm still getting confused. DSA on there site lists metric sears and triggers w/the caveat that they will not work on Israeli, while hammers do not carry that warning. Am I missing something? Thanks.

vmtz
December 28, 2008, 13:44
Yeah, DSA wants to sell you a hammer and sear.

Fr. Vince

J. Armstrong
December 28, 2008, 14:40
The only diff I am aware of between Izzy and other metric hts sets is that many Izzies retained the very early feature of the hammer spring plunger being attached to the hammer. Can be used that way or have the pin removed and used with the plunger seperate, no other difference.

tac-40
December 28, 2008, 15:27
I accidentally tried to put an Izzy trigger in an Imbel that I was building. It would not work with other metric HTS parts including the selector. It took a while to figure out I used the Izzy instead of the metric that came with the kit. Can't say about the hammers, but the triggers didn't interchange.

pistol5
December 28, 2008, 15:45
Thank you for the replies-how can you tell the difference in the triggers?

J. Armstrong
December 28, 2008, 21:21
Hmmm - if the trigger has the straight cut tail it must be matched with a straight slot selector, other than that they should interchange, I think.
That said, an Izzy selector will not work in a non Iz lower, of course.