PDA

View Full Version : PARA mods pics or sticky?

Tomovich
December 26, 2008, 11:38
I've tried a couple of searches and can't seem to nail what I'm looking for. Pics of the mods needed to a lower and upper receiver to make the rifle into a PARA (with a PARA stock in hand of course). Are there posted pics or a sticky somewhere??

Thanks and HaPPY hOLIDAYS. :bow:

USMC 0341
December 26, 2008, 19:44
Here's a thread with pictures showing the Para nose cut on the upper :

http://www.falfiles.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=206644

Here's a thread with pictures showing the difference between the normal and Para lower :

http://www.falfiles.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=152850

Understand that besides the Para buttstock you will also need the unique Para bolt carrier. You will also either need a Para top cover or a scope mount top cover made to work on Para's.

Tomovich
December 26, 2008, 23:21
Thanks for the links.

I have all the parts, Falcon Arms para set up, just needed to see pics of the "real deal" so I can make it all look "right".

USMC 0341
December 28, 2008, 06:52
Once upon a time there was a thread in which somebody had posted the correct part numbers for the machine tool parts used to make the nose cut. I don't know what became of that. To do this cut properly you need a milling machine - but I have heard that some guys get by with less.

Also, if you do use a scope mount top cover which is made to be used on a Para FAL you can get by without doing the cut.

Scott V2
December 28, 2008, 07:59
Originally posted by USMC 0341
Once upon a time there was a thread in which somebody had posted the correct part numbers for the machine tool parts used to make the nose cut. I don't know what became of that. To do this cut properly you need a milling machine - but I have heard that some guys get by with less.

Also, if you do use a scope mount top cover which is made to be used on a Para FAL you can get by without doing the cut.

The cut is actually simple to make using a hand drill and the proper cutter tool. The method is slow and steady. I have done three myself and they look the same in final fit and finish as factory ones. You will spend $40-50 on cutters though. If only doing one, have a good smith do it for you.